Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Anyone know for certain what size is best for front runners then? I'm hearing mixed things. Seems like 26x6 would be safer?

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
You folks run tpms in your drag packs? I’m thinking no point since rears will always be deflated anyway.
I have TPMS in the drag radials because I change tires at home and drive to and from the track with drag radials on. Lower pressure at the track only.

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Anyone know for certain what size is best for front runners then? I'm hearing mixed things. Seems like 26x6 would be safer?
I know for sure 26” fits without issue. The only advantage for 28’s at the track, is a little more rollout for a slightly better 60’, et, etc. but we’re talking hundredths of a second better. Basically it takes longer for the 28” front tire to clear the starting line beams. IMO, 26’s look better with skinnies also.

·
Premium Member
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
I know for sure 26” fits without issue. The only advantage for 28’s at the track, is a little more rollout for a slightly better 60’, et, etc. but we’re talking hundredths of a second better. Basically it takes longer for the 28” front tire to clear the starting line beams. IMO, 26’s look better with skinnies also.
Thanks for your input. I ordered the 28s and have them now then realized I was recommended to get the 26s. Trying to see if I can return them if that's the way to go?

21 - 25 of 25 Posts