Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2013 CTS V
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I finally hit the track again after the BTR stage 3 cam, all the top end goodies, lower pulley, injectors, and got new tires. I couldn't find what I was running before , which was my mickey Thompson et street s/s. They were just out of stock. So I went with Hoosier. The wheel rubbage is BAD. like really bad. One pass and this happened. Come to find out the right sight wasn't rolled as nicely as the left from previous owner, or owner before him that's unclear. Either way. It dug into the tire and spit it out everywhere. The difference in tires shouldn't of done that. Should I swap back to stock springs ? (Currently running eibach) what are your rear setups...what are your thoughts ? I can't get a clean pass at track for nothing. So we rolled the fender with what we had available....and now we are going to try another pass.... we shall see. Are the stock springs going really going to help the squat issue that much.
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Automotive lighting Hood
Water Liquid Hood Automotive tire Sky

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,006 Posts
So I finally hit the track again after the BTR stage 3 cam, all the top end goodies, lower pulley, injectors, and got new tires. I couldn't find what I was running before , which was my mickey Thompson et street s/s. They were just out of stock. So I went with Hoosier. The wheel rubbage is BAD. like really bad. One pass and this happened. Come to find out the right sight wasn't rolled as nicely as the left from previous owner, or owner before him that's unclear. Either way. It dug into the tire and spit it out everywhere. The difference in tires shouldn't of done that. Should I swap back to stock springs ? (Currently running eibach) what are your rear setups...what are your thoughts ? I can't get a clean pass at track for nothing. So we rolled the fender with what we had available....and now we are going to try another pass.... we shall see. Are the stock springs going really going to help the squat issue that much. View attachment 153618 View attachment 153619

That is some squat.

Reactions: Slizzo

·
Premium Member
89 Posts
So I finally hit the track again after the BTR stage 3 cam, all the top end goodies, lower pulley, injectors, and got new tires. I couldn't find what I was running before , which was my mickey Thompson et street s/s. They were just out of stock. So I went with Hoosier. The wheel rubbage is BAD. like really bad. One pass and this happened. Come to find out the right sight wasn't rolled as nicely as the left from previous owner, or owner before him that's unclear. Either way. It dug into the tire and spit it out everywhere. The difference in tires shouldn't of done that. Should I swap back to stock springs ? (Currently running eibach) what are your rear setups...what are your thoughts ? I can't get a clean pass at track for nothing. So we rolled the fender with what we had available....and now we are going to try another pass.... we shall see. Are the stock springs going really going to help the squat issue that much. View attachment 153618 View attachment 153619

Um ya that's bad.... What size? I thought max was like 305/45 on a 17in rim

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
What size tire are you running? What width wheel? Same size from different manufacturers may vary in actual size. Also, how much they bulge may differ.

275/40R17
Hoosier 10" tread width Mickey Thompson 10.3" tread width
Hoosier 11" section width Mickey Thompson 10.9" section width
315/35/17
Hoosier 11.5" tread width Mickey Thompson 11.4" tread width
Hoosier 12.6" section width Mickey Thompson 12.3" section width

They're very close in specs. The pics look like you are hitting outside the tread so section width might be the issue.

Reactions: AmandaRaeJeann

·
Registered
2013 CTS V
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
What size tire are you running? What width wheel? Same size from different manufacturers may vary in actual size. Also, how much they bulge may differ.

275/40R17
Hoosier 10" tread width Mickey Thompson 10.3" tread width
Hoosier 11" section width Mickey Thompson 10.9" section width
315/35/17
Hoosier 11.5" tread width Mickey Thompson 11.4" tread width
Hoosier 12.6" section width Mickey Thompson 12.3" section width

They're very close in specs. The pics look like you are hitting outside the tread so section width might be the issue.
Yeah they are hitting on the outside just barely. They are 305/45/17. Mostly on the one side bc the fender wasn't rolled as nicely i guess. We were able to tuck it and make one more pass. It's still sits basically almost on the tire, but if I put the stock springs on it should clear no problem. My first 2 passes were horrible. My third pass I finally stuck but only ran a 10.9. Gotta get the launch down better and figure out this tire thing.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
That'll do it. That size Quick Time Pro D.O.T. shows a 13.1" section width vs. the MT ET Street SS at 11.9". Tread is 9.75" vs. 10.6". But in these days of rubber shortage you buy what you can find.

·
Registered
2013 CTS V
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That'll do it. That size Quick Time Pro D.O.T. shows a 13.1" section width vs. the MT ET Street SS at 11.9". Tread is 9.75" vs. 10.6". But in these days of rubber shortage you buy what you can find.
Unfortunately that's all we could find.. I could order my mickeys but I'd get them in November. Lol. So we will put stock springs on, test n tune wed again and see if that helps.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.