Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,000 Posts
Do you want built, or just factory replacement?

·
Registered
2012 Cadillac CTS-V Sedan WDT
1,783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I didn't blow up the engine, just some scoring and what appears to be evidence of ring gap issues. Possibly end gap collisions.

I decided to go with and lsxnext dart short block. Not sure if 427 or 388 is best for me. I am waiting to hear from pat g and Brett of landspeed for their recommendations.

Thoughts??

·
Registered
4,006 Posts
I didn't blow up the engine, just some scoring and what appears to be evidence of ring gap issues. Possibly end gap collisions.

I decided to go with and lsxnext dart short block. Not sure if 427 or 388 is best for me. I am waiting to hear from pat g and Brett of landspeed for their recommendations.

Thoughts??
If I wasn't buying a restaurant....I would be doing the Dart. Sell my block with ported JokerZ but keep my heads.

Probably would do the 388 with Magnuson, and using my heads and injectors, because I think the 427 would require even more fuel and right now with my ALM and DWS I'm making more than enough.

Reactions: Rubber Duck

·
Registered
2012 Cadillac CTS-V Sedan WDT
1,783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If I wasn't buying a restaurant....I would be doing the Dart. Sell my block with ported JokerZ but keep my heads.

Probably would do the 388 with Magnuson, and using my heads and injectors, because I think the 427 would require even more fuel and right now with my ALM and DWS I'm making more than enough.
Interesting you said that. Pat g recommended the 388 too, so that us what I will be purchasing. The Maggie is for the future.

·
Premium Member
3,000 Posts
Matt’s 6.0 would be the most affordable. If your talking a large bore requiring a sleeve, you will be all of $7,000

·
Premium Member
3,000 Posts
Won’t a 388 ls next short block be fairly expensive also?

Reactions: loweredd

·
Premium Member
3,000 Posts
Not my 6.0 since that isnt what I prefer to do but it will be the cheapest way to get back on the road if that is the most important metric
I figured as much, I was just referencing what you said in your post.

·
Premium Member
3,000 Posts
jcs003, I like how you went from I don't have 7k, and then 5 hrs later you already got a 388 Dart. 😄😄😄 👍
I was wondering about this! Haha

·
Registered
2012 Wagon A6
98 Posts
That’s what I went with. 388 Dart. Then when I graduate engineering school and I want to, I can refresh the motor, get a new crank and now have a 427.

·
Registered
177 Posts

Thoughts??
Just curious, why not rebuild the LSA?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.