Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I know this question has been asked before but when I search everything that comes up is several years old. Who's in the game right now in the central NC/ Upstate SC that are good for basic mods and tuning on our V2s? Anyone with proven package/recipe builds? Would love to pick up some nice power with a no muss, no fuss tune without having to ship my car half way across the country.

TIA

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Hey guys, I know this question has been asked before but when I search everything that comes up is several years old. Who's in the game right now in the central NC/ Upstate SC that are good for basic mods and tuning on our V2s? Anyone with proven package/recipe builds? Would love to pick up some nice power with a no muss, no fuss tune without having to ship my car half way across the country.

TIA
Check out RPM Motorsports in Garner, NC.

Ryan or Martin can take care of you.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks theheder. I looked at their website and I admit it looks pretty good. Any of their customers want to chime in with a testimony or their builds or anybody got anymore suggestions? Anyone in the Charlotte area? Anyone a vendor/installer for Lingenfelter or Hennessey packages in the area? It would be great to have options. Or is RPM "THE CHOICE" for V2s in the Carolinas?

·
Registered
3,268 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Simple answer, options and information. Both are nationally recognized shops that I know have developed packages for our cars. I assume to be so renowned, they must have a certain level of quality and would probably require the same from any installers they support. Plus the more information you can gather, the better decision you can hope to make. I had one reply to the question posted. It is difficult for me to imagine that there are no other qualified tuners in NC. If RPM is the premier tuner in NC is theheder the only one who has used them?

·
Registered
3,134 Posts
Check out Heintz Racing in Mooresville. I'm in Greensboro and assume that might be more convenient for you. Your post just reads like you are closer to Charlotte.

RPM is quality as well. Not much else worth mentioning in Raleigh area IMHO.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks adam112. I am closer to Charlotte but that won't necessarily be the deciding factor. I am wanting to get as much information and options as possible so I have the ability to make a wise decision. The end goal is not a race car but just a well put together driver that is a little hotter than stock. I do want my best bang for the buck but I want quality and dependability too.
I've always heard good stuff about Lingenfelter and they advertise package deals that sound good but they are halfway across the country. RPM's 650 package sounds great and seems to be reasonably priced. I would love to hear from some folks running it. I have not heard of Heintz and they don't show any package builds or prices so they are a little hard to compare right now but I did see where they use some Lingenfelter parts.
I am a fairly decent wrench and I don't mind doing my own work and I know I could save money by following a recipe build but the tuning is what is beyond my scope at this time which make the package deals more appealing since tuning is included in the price.

·
Super Moderator
21,715 Posts
Hit up Mont motorsports for a package and get someone good to tune it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks guys. Keep 'em coming. In addition to the best around how about ones to completely avoid at all cost. If you don't want to blast them in an open forum then pm me.

·
Registered
3,134 Posts
Mayhem Motorsports is a joke...blasting complete

1 - 14 of 14 Posts