Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Currently my automatic sedan has a cat back exhaust and intake, nothing else. Just recently I started to experience shift flare above 4k rpm in the higher gears, only after I added the exhaust. Could a change this small be the cause? It's a solid second or two before it finds the next gear, similar to missing a shift with a manual transmission. I'll be taking it to the dealer Monday but was curious if just having the tranny flushed and topped off has actually helped anyone with this issue. I have also heard the dealership may just reflash the car and that fixes it? Seems almost too good to be true. Thoughts?

·
Registered
273 Posts
Has it been tuned ever?

Same thing happened with me on my vette. A flash to the latest calibration from GM resolved it nearly completely.

The A6 is super finicky when it comes to tuning.

·
It's got 7" pistons!
8,395 Posts
Let us know how the trip to the dealer goes...

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The car has not been tuned, I bought it only a few weeks ago. I'm looking to do a lower pulley, heat exchanger, and tune as soon as this is resolved.

·
Registered
161 Posts
How many miles on it, and how many miles since the exhaust install?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
49k, and roughly 1000 miles since exhaust install.

·
Registered
273 Posts
I'm sorry to hear about your issues.

This is reason #1 why I went with a manual in the V Coupe. Too many stupid issues with the A6

·
Premium Member
4,041 Posts
I would recommend slightly over filling the transmission, about 1/2 to 1 liter.

Sent from my iPhone, what else would I use?

·
Registered
161 Posts
You're under a higher load in higher gears, and above 4k. You're effectively lowering your MAP, so it's throwing off your shift tables. I'll basically take some time for your TAPs to adjust. It should get better, not worse. If it gets worse, you have a bigger problem.

·
Registered
521 Posts
This happened to me but wouldnt shift into next gear it wouldnt even bang rev limiter...I think it was like 5k anyways turns out my intake tube had collapsed when it was stock airbox....Idk what can collapse with an actually intake? Good luck with fix

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You're under a higher load in higher gears, and above 4k. You're effectively lowering your MAP, so it's throwing off your shift tables. I'll basically take some time for your TAPs to adjust. It should get better, not worse. If it gets worse, you have a bigger problem.
Would a tune likely fix my issue in this case?

Although I'm taking this to a dealership, it's a dodge dealership that I bought the car at certified used still under their warranty. Hope they have a clue to what's going on with this.

·
Super Moderator
21,088 Posts
They won't have a clue.
A GM dealer might.

A tune will fix shift and pressure concerns, but not fix worn or broken parts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
161 Posts
X3...

They might have a scan tool that can reset the KAM, but I'm not sure if the TAPs would be included there, or if they would have a separate function. It really should clear itself up over 100 miles or so. Either it will, or it'll set a light, or it'll get worse.

·
here nor there
4,201 Posts
What is shift flare?

Never mind.... Googled it.

When I'm in "sport" mode and driving gently or not getting into boost, the trans seems to "pull" between shifts. Ill watch the RPMs next time it happens. Doesn't do it in regular mode.

·
It's got 7" pistons!
8,395 Posts
That's how it starts... Easy to fix, and it should be done sooner rather than later

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Car is back. They sent it to a GM dealership. Transmission flush and a flash. Good to go! Pulley, heat exchanger and a tune here I come!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts