Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys so last night I ran into a slight issue with the V. It’s a V2 Coupe M6. Service traction control popped up. The check engine light started flashing. The code is P0308. Which is Cylinder 8 misfire as most of us know. Has this happened to anyone before and what were the causes you found?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Same exact crap happened to me!! Service traction control popped up, the check engine light started flashing, and it started missing. I removed the positive cable off the battery, set 10 minutes, put everything back and it cured the problem for 17 seconds. After letting the car set for three days, I started it backup and it seemed to be running fine for roughly 3 to 5 minutes before the lights came back on and the missing started. I had new plugs, headers, X pipe, and axle back system put on back in January, so it stands to reason it could be a plug wire against the header, and once it heats up it breaks down. Did you find this to be the your problem also cbowen0814? Thanks for any feedback.

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
Same exact crap happened to me!! Service traction control popped up, the check engine light started flashing, and it started missing. I removed the positive cable off the battery, set 10 minutes, put everything back and it cured the problem for 17 seconds. After letting the car set for three days, I started it backup and it seemed to be running fine for roughly 3 to 5 minutes before the lights came back on and the missing started. I had new plugs, headers, X pipe, and axle back system put on back in January, so it stands to reason it could be a plug wire against the header, and once it heats up it breaks down. Did you find this to be the your problem also cbowen0814? Thanks for any feedback.
Hey just an FYI, In the trunk there is a ECM 15amp fuse that will reset the check eng or stab track light (If it's a one time ping). It's much easier that disconnecting the battery an having to reset windows an stuff. See pic..

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
20 Posts
Thx Florida-Vee for the tidbit on the fuse and its locale....The true thx must go to Tmu8865 as this was my exact problem!! For who ever cares, or encounters this problem in the future, the first place to look is you plug wires. In my case, the # 3 spark plug wire was/is laying on my 2" to 3" in Kooks headers. Not the first problem I've encountered after retrieving my car back in January. Thx again Tmu865. I hope by now you got your problem fixed cbowen0814. ctsv CTC Light.jpg IMG_20180529_182016~2.jpg

1 - 5 of 5 Posts