Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got this message "service tire monitor system" and the front passenger tire isn't displaying the PSI on the dash. Anything I can try before bringing it to the dealer?! Is this a known problem? Thanks

·
Premium Member
2,005 Posts
resynch them.

turn ignition on
on your keyfob hold UNLOCK/LOCK for a few seconds till the horn beeps twice
now let air out of your tires in this sequence.
Front driver side for like 3 seconds, wait till the horn beeps
Front passenger for like 3 seconds, wait till the horn beeps
Rear passenger for like 3 seconds, wait till the horn beeps
Rear drivers for like 3 seconds, wait till the horn beeps

DONE. If this does not work take it to the dealer.

·
Registered
894 Posts
Mine comes and goes every so often, usually goes away when I turn the car off and restart it.

·
Premium Member
1,112 Posts
This is a common annoyance. Mide did that, had one replaced by dealer and now another one is acting up.

·
still hanging around
4,229 Posts
I hate TPMS...like using a pressure gauge is so tough! I have a sensor that needs to be replaced and throws a code almost every drive.

·
Burnout King
3,947 Posts
Yep mine came on the other day and next time was gone. Has happened several times since new.

·
It's got 7" pistons!
8,389 Posts
Mine does it once a month now? It goes away on its own

·
Registered
68 Posts
I just had new wheels and tires installed and the tire shop didn't resync them and the sensors are apparently on different corners of the car so my readings are on different corners of the car from where they actually are in reality. Example front right may say 36psi and it actually be reading the rear left tire. Any suggestions? Probably just get the wheel/tire place that did the install to reset them unless its an easy fix for me to do. Suggestions?

·
still hanging around
4,229 Posts
I just had new wheels and tires installed and the tire shop didn't resync them and the sensors are apparently on different corners of the car so my readings are on different corners of the car from where they actually are in reality. Example front right may say 36psi and it actually be reading the rear left tire. Any suggestions? Probably just get the wheel/tire place that did the install to reset them unless its an easy fix for me to do. Suggestions?
Follow the reset procedure in the manual.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
your dealer will reset them for free. if you have an 11 or newer, i don't believe you can do it yourself.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
battery going dead in that sensor....just like the key fob they will act up before it stops working completly

·
Vendor
890 Posts
your dealer will reset them for free. if you have an 11 or newer, i don't believe you can do it yourself.
^^^ Right you are... If it's < 2010, you can reset the TPMS sensors by activating relearn mode and then releasing air from each tire, but 2011 > models require the reset tool.

·
Registered
68 Posts
^^^ Right you are... If it's < 2010, you can reset the TPMS sensors by activating relearn mode and then releasing air from each tire, but 2011 > models require the reset tool.

Thanks! Lucky for me in this case, I have a '10 so I will give it a try.

·
Registered
68 Posts
resynch them.

turn ignition on
on your keyfob hold UNLOCK/LOCK for a few seconds till the horn beeps twice
now let air out of your tires in this sequence.
Front driver side for like 3 seconds, wait till the horn beeps
Front passenger for like 3 seconds, wait till the horn beeps
Rear passenger for like 3 seconds, wait till the horn beeps
Rear drivers for like 3 seconds, wait till the horn beeps

DONE. If this does not work take it to the dealer.
Few questions: Turn ignition on meaning crank the car or just turn to just b4 car is cranked? Hold unlock/lock meaning both at the same time? Thanks

1 - 20 of 28 Posts