Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My front driver shock was leaking and i went ahead and replaced both the front shocks with new oem ac delco shocks, and i also put the original springs back on. Also put new weld wheels that are 18s and a bfg tire 245/45/18. The welds were installed before replacing the shocks and everythings was fine. I just mention that cuz my friend said to try and put the oem wheels on and see if that helps, but i dont see how if it the message wouldnt come up before. I have check to make sure the plugs and connections arent loose. I then thought a couple of key cycles and it would go away but it hasnt, so now im just tryint to see if i could get some guidance before i just take it to cadillac. I tried looking up the issue but seems like everything for the message coming up for ppl is because their shock is bad, not for replacing and then seeing the message

·
Premium Member
15,023 Posts
My front driver shock was leaking and i went ahead and replaced both the front shocks with new oem ac delco shocks, and i also put the original springs back on. Also put new weld wheels that are 18s and a bfg tire 245/45/18. The welds were installed before replacing the shocks and everythings was fine. I just mention that cuz my friend said to try and put the oem wheels on and see if that helps, but i dont see how if it the message wouldnt come up before. I have check to make sure the plugs and connections arent loose. I then thought a couple of key cycles and it would go away but it hasnt, so now im just tryint to see if i could get some guidance before i just take it to cadillac. I tried looking up the issue but seems like everything for the message coming up for ppl is because their shock is bad, not for replacing and then seeing the message
That message is most commonly caused by:
Misaligned suspension / toe - either from changing parts or having the Lower Control Arm bolt work loose and slip on its own. You had the car aligned after pulling apart the suspension, right?

Faulty connectors at the shock tower (for mag ride). If you don't seat them properly they can pop off .

Disconnected ride height sensor rods.

Damaged or not reinstalled vehicle speed sensors in the front knuckles.

Or... a faulty ground at the chassis, just below the air intake and filter (this one most commonly caused by installing an airaid).

I do not believe missing or faulty TPMS sensors gives the same codes so the wheel change should not be an issue.

So, before paying the Dealer tax... double check your work. Re-seat the wiring harnesses and check for grease contamination or damaged wires. Have the alignment checked. And go to a local auto store and have them read the DTC codes - then tell us what they are.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That message is most commonly caused by:
Misaligned suspension / toe - either from changing parts or having the Lower Control Arm bolt work loose and slip on its own. You had the car aligned after pulling apart the suspension, right?

Faulty connectors at the shock tower (for mag ride). If you don't seat them properly they can pop off .

Disconnected ride height sensor rods.

Damaged or not reinstalled vehicle speed sensors in the front knuckles.

Or... a faulty ground at the chassis, just below the air intake and filter (this one most commonly caused by installing an airaid).

I do not believe missing or faulty TPMS sensors gives the same codes so the wheel change should not be an issue.

So, before paying the Dealer tax... double check your work. Re-seat the wiring harnesses and check for grease contamination or damaged wires. Have the alignment checked. And go to a local auto store and have them read the DTC codes - then tell us what they are.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
i got an alignment to factory spec the day after i did the shocks, checked the connectors at the shock tower and the were on there good and solid. The only thing i need to do is check behind the wheel. i think the tpms is just a seperate issue.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I had this and other messages when I did my front control arm bushings. I did my front shocks with no issues, then once I did the bushings they came up. Had an alignment done at the dealer and the messages are still there....they didnt even say anything about it or try to diagnose. But they come and go and I haven't noticed any correlations of when they do come on. Also not reporting any DTCs. I do have an AirRaid with no prior problems, but double checked the ground anyway. Also disconnected the battery for a little over 10min and reconnected...messages still come and go.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
got the service light to go away, took it back to my buddies and we found a washer that was the wrong side up, concaved so it would make the shock sit lower and the sensor not make a clean connection, flipped it around and plugged it in and message went away, now to figure out why i got the service tire system message, none of my tpms will read

·
Registered
3 Posts
got the service light to go away, took it back to my buddies and we found a washer that was the wrong side up, concaved so it would make the shock sit lower and the sensor not make a clean connection, flipped it around and plugged it in and message went away, now to figure out why i got the service tire system message, none of my tpms will read
Which washer? I am having this error after front shocks. The only washer I remember is the LAST step to remove the shock from the coil 😭

1 - 7 of 7 Posts