Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I know the problem based on my search on this forum, which has proven to be super helpful.

Had an Airaid CAI installed a few days ago, and everything seemed fine.

The tech didn't unhook the battery I know that because I asked him when I picked it up.

I was expecting a code to throw, but it didn't and I've driven it for about 75 miles since the install.

But, the steering has gotten heavy a couple times and the service power steering warning has came up a couple times as well.

Last time it happened, I toggled through the DIC to voltage and it showed 12.9 @ the time the service power steering popped up.

Then after I parked the car and got back in, steering felt fine and it was @ 14 volts plus...

I'm thinking it has something to do w/ the ground on the Airaid, but haven't had a chance to check as i'm out of town until tomorrow night.

I'm going to remove the tube and see if the ground screw on the Airaid can be tightened more and/or if it looks messed up in any way.

Any thoughts/advice would be great. Also, should I remove the (-) on the battery while I check out the ground issue to see if that does anything as well?

·
Registered
289 Posts
It sounds like the Airaid install is the problem. Yes I would remove the (-) battery cable and check the ground connection.
If it seems tight - the powder-coating on the Airaid tab could be insulating the connection, so consider removing the coating on that tab with some sand paper so you get a good connection.
That's what I did and it has been problem free from day one. Alternatively you could try using a toothed lock washer versus trying to sand off the coating - not sure on the results of this one though. Good luck and let us know how it turns out.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts