Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
i will need to check the codes later.

the story the dealer gave me is that the "module" (they were not specific on what this referred to), was not communicating at all with the computer (once again, very bland terminology that didnt really tell me anything important).

however if it were truly the module itself had gone bad and had ceased communication with the pcm's checklist, wouldnt the light remain on constantly instead of coming on intermittently?

·
Registered
359 Posts
Interesting solution if you never have light weight kids in front seat. Small accident would cost the BMW owner a passenger bag even if no passenger.

I have the intermittent Service AirBag warning too. I’ve wiggled, unplugged, replugged, etc.

Q: for those few seconds when the warning is on, will the bags still work?

They say to never ask a question you don’t want to hear the answer of. Oh well.

·
Registered
44 Posts
If the airbag light usbb v on and it’s due to the seat sensor the passenger side airbag is disabled. If you rig it and someone small sits upfront the airbag could kill them when it deploys. Liability abounds. Better to spend a couple of hundred bucks on a seat sensor. Check eBay... The seat sensor was a known problem on many GM models with many being a recall. But, not our year model. Go to NHTSA website and lodge a complaint. If enough of us do perhaps they will issue a recall? If you do the replacement yourself or have an upholstery shop do it be sure to disconnect the battery first or the airbag computer will set a hard code. Then you have to have the dealer or someone with an airbag scanner clear the code. You will have a fun time getting someone to do the work since no one wants the liability of working on airbags.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts