Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Content
4,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
LOL!! Yes seriously modded!! Somehow I watched that video but looked at this previous video with minimal mods and got confused. Obviously completely changes the game with fuel system and turbo upgrade. Dumb mistake, oh well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
374 Posts

Is that the one with carbon rotors? My buddy works at MB dealer and says the brake job is.... wait for it.... $25K!!!

·
Registered
102 Posts
Define "brake job".

·
Premium Member
15,012 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts

Is that the one with carbon rotors? My buddy works at MB dealer and says the brake job is.... wait for it.... $25K!!!

Carbon rotors should last over 100k miles, if not much longer. The rotors are the expensive part

·
Registered
374 Posts
Okay, I called BS on my buddy and had him put it in the computer at standard pricing. FRONT brake job is only $9400. Pads, rotors, wear sensors, brake paste, couple bolts, and brake clean (no charge for brake clean).

He’s new to working at Mercedes and has sticker shock himself as to what people pay. The dealership ‘legendary brake job’ is ‘09 SLR (think collaboration with McLaren). I don’t even want to quote what he showed me on his screen because no sane person would believe.

·
Premium Member
17,575 Posts
Okay, I called BS on my buddy and had him put it in the computer at standard pricing. FRONT brake job is only $9400. Pads, rotors, wear sensors, brake paste, couple bolts, and brake clean (no charge for brake clean).

He’s new to working at Mercedes and has sticker shock himself as to what people pay. The dealership ‘legendary brake job’ is ‘09 SLR (think collaboration with McLaren). I don’t even want to quote what he showed me on his screen because no sane person would believe.
So as stated - rotors should last almost forever. And thats the expensive part.

I also love that even the wear sensors wear out...

But pads should be simple and easy and not costly. And there's also no need to turn the rotors.

·
Registered
6,496 Posts
I guess when you tell some dipshit who paid $130k+ for his car that his $8k optional brakes cost $9.4k to replace, they just say OK. Brilliant.

How much to hang a set of pads on a ZRI or Z28?

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
So as stated - rotors should last almost forever. And thats the expensive part.

I also love that even the wear sensors wear out...

But pads should be simple and easy and not costly. And there's also no need to turn the rotors.
On German cars I have had the wear sensors are actually pieces of wire clip to the brake pad and when they wear down they increase resistance until they finally make an open circuit so they can tell what the actual thickness of the pad is and when its too low.

If you don't let your brake pads wear all the way to the nubs then the sensor doesn't need to be replaced.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
I guess when you tell some dipshit who paid $130k+ for his car that his $8k optional brakes cost $9.4k to replace, they just say OK. Brilliant.

How much to hang a set of pads on a ZRI or Z28?

Pads are about $900 and last about 10,000 miles. Rotors are $1400 each and probably last a long time if you’re not tracking them, but who buys a car with carbon brakes and doesn’t track it? Lol

1 - 20 of 32 Posts