Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Like many of you, I have auto ADHD. I am a former V2 owner and had some fun with it. I traded it in and bought a new ZL1 A10 in 2018. I loved the ZL1, it was more than the V ever could have been, but like most ZL1 owners, the love kind of wears off and I ended up selling it in this crazy market. I picked up a built C6 Z06 over a year ago and have been enjoying the car...all 1k miles I put on it so far. It would make more sense to get back into a sedan to hop in and take the family places. That's one thing I miss about the old car.

Enough about me. I never was a big fan of the V3, I hated the Cue system and disliked the lack of manual option, despite owning an A6 Sedan V2 lol. I just think a procharged V3 would be a riot to drive and check all the boxes I need as an enthusiast. I'm making this thread, because I want to hear from you - the owners.

How are those transmissions holding up? The V2 interiors are so dated and riddled with mid-2000s tech, how do you like the tech of the mid 2010s? Are these truly worth the 60s/70s/80s pricetags? What has drawn you to the platform?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Trans is holding up fine. As far as tech, it's fine I got the car to drive not have techno raves lol. 18+ has the updated que and is better then 17 down. Interior seams to hold up fine also

·
Registered
43 Posts
Loving mine! My criteria was simple. I was looking for an American made Muscle car that could hold more than two people. Options for that are slim as you can't comfortably fit an adult in the back of a Mustang or Camaro. Looked at the Trackhawk and not a fan of the front end so I purchased my 18. Other than replacing tires, I haven't had any problems with anything on the car. They are a blast to drive and I get allot of compliments on the looks especially the color.
Tire Wheel Automotive parking light Automotive side marker light Vehicle

·
Registered
2014 6M, Recaros, Slicktop, Stock
113 Posts
I was in a similar position about a year ago. I checked out the trackhawk and v3. In the end I wound up buying another V2 but this time I made sure it was an M6. I knew the tech was antiquated but I always planned on installing the Tesla head unit. Now I have a car that has enough modern tech for me and at the same time also has that rawness and level of engagement I needed. Don't see myself ever getting bored with this one and will probably never sell it.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Great responses so far!

@Scooby - I just bought a 2012 Escalade ESV Platinum earlier this year and it has a VERY similar stereo to the V2. It was the first thing to go and replaced with a "tesla" head unit. I really think it's awesome.

@MEATSWORD - Also good to know about 18+.

@scmildbill - that color is amazing. I love it! The Trackhawks are cool, but the looks don't really do it for me. I think if I were to own anything Hellcat-powered, it would be the TRX or Charger Redeye.

·
Premium Member
861 Posts
Went from a M6 Wagon to V3, wouldn't go back. Aside from the trans, there is not one thing on the V2 that the V3 doesn't overdeliver on. If you have to have the latest tech, the V3 along with all cars will eventually get left behind, it is was it is. V3 has tons of tech, but then you start wishing it had wireless CarPlay, or ability to change interior light colors, or adaptive cruise control, etc. If you are just interested in how good of a car it is, I recently had a chance to swap rides with my buddy who has a C7 Z06 through some twisty roads. So I beat the hell out of the V3 and then got to jump into the Z06 right after and beat the hell out of it, and I'll tell you I wouldn't trade the V for that car either. The V3 didn't feel faster, it felt 99% as fast, but it handled the twisty's way better than the vette and just felt much smoother in braking, throttle response, ride, and overall road feel. The touring suspension mode in the Z felt like track mode does in the V. If you plan to drive more on the track than the road, get a Z06, if not V3 wins hands down.

Reactions: m13s

·
Registered
32 Posts
V3 over V2 all day due to the interior, looks and steering. That's just my opinion though. Big shame on not a manual but it wasn't a deal breaker for this car.

The downfall is LT4 is expensive to make big power. I'm stuck on 91 octane and ethanol mix in California. If I plan to keep the car we might go further but here is my reason for buying and still daily driving the V3.

V3 is the best looking of any V including new ones.
Newer CuE isn't bad at all.
Handles really well in corners for a big car.
Sounds good. And had presence when coming and going.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.