Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello curious if anyone has deleted their secondary cats with stock headers and stock mufflers to acquire a higher/nicer sound if so how does it sound and does it cause any drone inside the cabin and does it sound louder than stock. Thank you. Let me know your opinion.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Just get an axle back, instead of screwing with the emissions parts.

·
Registered
378 Posts
I hear you on that, but there are better ways to get the exhaust sound you want, such as axle back systems. I liked the SW axle-back (perfect rumble) better than the SW cat-back (too loud) I have now. Singularly removing the secondary cats for anything other than the installation of a cat-back in order to merely change the sound would be borderline retarded.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Won’t really mess with emissions as they are post secondary o2 sensors
This could be a good mod! Next time I get under the car I will have to check this out! It would be cool if someone made a Y pipe without them.

Attachments

·
Registered
20 Posts
I'm running a Billy Boat system that deletes the secondary un-monitored rear cats and I don't think that there's a better system out there for me as far as the sound, looks and performance. Had the same type of system from Borla on my '16 Z06 and loved it but it was a little loud and would not have been what I wanted for the CTS-V.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well I actually deleted the rear cats for the fun of it everything else stock except intake and honestly not much different in sound or loudness the muffler shop told me it is not like deleting them like on a zl1 or corvette for some reason they get louder than the V. Didn’t affect anything at all by the way.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Well I actually deleted the rear cats for the fun of it everything else stock except intake and honestly not much different in sound or loudness the muffler shop told me it is not like deleting them like on a zl1 or corvette for some reason they get louder than the V. Didn’t affect anything at all by the way.

Thanks for saving me the trouble! I did this in my old S4 (piggie pipes) and there was a noticeable change. Shame. Exhaust it is!

·
Registered
36 Posts
I deleted the rear cats on both my 18 ZL1 and my 18 CTSV. Both gained about the same amount of sound from it. (Very little) it's most notable at startup, and you're here a little extra pop on de-acceleration. The muffler on the CTSV has ever so slightly more restrictive/quieter than the muffler on the ZL1. (Both cut outs open and closed) at wide open throttle CTS-V has a od whoosh type sound where the zl1 has more V8 roar.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts