1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
643 Posts
Slightly different part number but I don’t believe there’s a difference other then how they hook at top. My recaro one was damaged and I replaced it with a base seat back

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Slightly different part number but I don’t believe there’s a difference other then how they hook at top. My recaro one was damaged and I replaced it with a base seat back
Thanks that is bit of hickey if it doesn't work. I don't recall seeing these. I will double check

·
Registered
643 Posts
Hawks motor sports in sc deals with a lot of salvage cts-v/ Camaro stuff you could call them, only thing is it’s salvage so no guarantees on scuffs and stuff. Ryan in the parts department really knows his shit though he’s a nice guy

·
Premium Member
13,457 Posts
you may want to consider changing both with new if the color doesnt quite match

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Reactions: Ctarb1

·
Registered
643 Posts
I’m not sure which one but either the recaro two large hooks at top faced up and the base seats faced down or vice versa but that was the only difference I saw

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I’m not sure which one but either the recaro two large hooks at top faced up and the base seats faced down or vice versa but that was the only difference I saw
Since they have returns for 30 days....I will find out.

·
Premium Member
13,457 Posts
what holds these hooks on? maybe they can just be reversed depending on application

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
what holds these hooks on? maybe they can just be reversed depending on application
GM Parts says it fits....I will see.

Reactions: RobF300

·
Registered
643 Posts
They are molded into the plastic seat back, I didn’t have an issue when I swapped one of mine out, might just be an older mold versus a new one. To the best of my knowledge it’s still attached to the back of my seat but I never go in the back seat of the coupe….

·
Registered
643 Posts
Only thing I did run into was there appears to be two different backs, one that is vinyl wrapped and one that is just plastic. Mine are ebony don’t know if it’s the same case in the titanium

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Only thing I did run into was there appears to be two different backs, one that is vinyl wrapped and one that is just plastic. Mine are ebony don’t know if it’s the same case in the titanium
30 day return....my saving grace.

·
Premium Member
V Coupe Pedal car
1,227 Posts
Here are the two backs from the 2011 coupe w/ Recaros. Clearly made differently (mirrored structure) but I don’t know if interchangeable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Blades1_99

·
Registered
3,044 Posts
I think the recaro seats have the vinyl wrapped back and the base are just plastic.

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I think the recaro seats have the vinyl wrapped back and the base are just plastic.
If that is the case, I think I can take my seat and have the material moved over. Even plastic would be better and open foam though.

·
Registered
3,044 Posts
If that is the case, I think I can take my seat and have the material moved over. Even plastic would be better and open foam though.
I just checked and the base V seats also have the vinyl backing the same as the Recaros.

The base CTS must have the uncovered plastic.

Reactions: Blades1_99
1 - 18 of 18 Posts