Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone running this stuff? I had their rep come in today, my price is good for full syn "racing oil". Not sure how race it is since it has detergent and rust inhibitors in it... But they say it outperforms everything... Which is also a likely story lol. Just curious if anyone has any real world experience with it. They only make 10w30 and 5w50 in the race oil, well besides all the sae stuff and 20w50 anyways. No 5w40 besides their diesel full syn, and only 5w30 in the euro syn.

·
Registered
265 Posts
I have a case of their oil but have yet to use it.

My buddy owns a CNC shop and swears by the stuff. He said on his old 7.3 diesel, he got 550k out of the engine until one day towing a load the crankshaft broke in half. Showed me the bearings, journals, cylinder walls and they looked amazing. (Reason I bought a case myself)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They make a ton of different stuff, diesel fuel additive that reduces Regen frequency, roller chain and wire rope lube... Maybe I'll grab a case and see. The stuff is like 6 bucks a qt, so cheaper than just about any synthetic out there... Which makes me skeptical but then again they're obviously not spending much on advertisements because I hadn't heard of them at all.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I have heard nothing but good comments about Schaefer’s synthetic oil. A buddy of mine uses it in his 10 second Grand National and loves it. The main and rod bearings always looked good.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts