Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 20 of 196 Posts

·
Vendor
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ladies and Gentlemen,

We are thrilled to announce, yet another, CTSVowners Forum Group-Buy for the S2T Performance Cadillac CTS/CTS-V Paddle Shifters.

All Forum members are welcome to participate in the Cadillac CTS/CTS-V Paddle Shifter Group-Buy.

The retail price for our Silver and Black Anodized Paddle Shifters is $225.95 plus shipping. The Group-Buy price will be $195.95...Shipped (within the Continental USA)!

The retail price for our Polished Clear and Polished Black Anodized Paddle Shifters is $265.95 plus shipping. The Group-Buy price will be $235.95...Shipped (within the Continental USA)!

Additional information regarding the S2T Performance CTS/CTS-V Paddle Shifters can be found here;
Cadillac-Paddle-Shifters

We will be accepting Group-Buy orders until May 31st, 2014.
Orders will begin shipping May 1st, 2014.

You can place your Group-Buy Order by using this link;
GroupBuy

In addition, you are welcome to share this information with any friends or family looking for Paddle Shifters for their Cadillac CTS/CTS-V and 2010-2011 Chevrolet Camaro.

Please contact us directly if you have any questions, comments, or concerns.

Kind regards,

Michael Bello
S2T Performance Products

·
Registered
155 Posts
Just put in my order for a pair of black as well.

What is the polished version?

Also, do we need to reuse the foam or any other silly tricks to get these to work correctly? Just want to avoid any issues like the competition seemed to have. I want to install these once and be done with it. :D

·
Premium Member
2,156 Posts

Also, do we need to reuse the foam or any other silly tricks to get these to work correctly? Just want to avoid any issues like the competition seemed to have. I want to install these once and be done with it. :D
You will not have to fuck with these paddles to get them to work. They are awesome right out of the box. They work no matter where you pull on them.

·
Registered
155 Posts
You will not have to fuck with these paddles to get them to work. They are awesome right out of the box. They work no matter where you pull on them.
That's the impression that I was under and why I am more than willing to spend the extra cash. That, and I think they just look better.

Just hoping for more of the same from this new version.

·
Vendor
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
^^^^
No Fear!

In our opinion, the new version is even better. Why? Because we have a brand new manufacturing facility with brand new Haas 5 Axis machines and we have spent countless hours re-thinking, re-engineering, and re-programming all aspects of our manufacturing process. This has allowed us to tighten our tolerances and produce a more detailed and refined Product.

Hello GetABox,

Thank you for your Post!

The Polished version...you don't want to know...

The Polished Clear Finish is a not as 'shinny' or as 'bright' as chrome since the clear Anodizing somewhat dulls the overall Finish but, it is a good match for many of the 'glossy' interior trim pieces. And, the Polished Black Finish is a very very close match to the 'glossy' Piano Black Finish found on your steering wheel.

I told you, you didn't want to know... :)

NO! You don't need to modify in any way, or use any foam, or any other foreign material to make our Paddle Shifters function. They work perfectly! Just install and enjoy!

Hello GroceryGettinV,

Thank you for your Post!

100% Agreed.

Kind regards,

Michael Bello
S2T Performance Products

·
Premium Member
17,245 Posts
I was playing around today - nothing serious, but suddenly realized after driving a new CTS-Vsport loaner car that I really liked the paddle shifters in that car. Now I gotta get me some of these so I'm up to par. Looking forward to getting these on my ride - seems like the are top notch. Which is the only thing I want. Life's too short for anything less.

For those of us looking for the glossy black finishes - any idea on when you'll have more available to us?

And it looks like there are two styles - one uniform and one offset. What's the thinking there? Do some people need a lower reach? I just need a little background on why you arrived at two distinct designs so I can pick the one that's right for me.

·
Vendor
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I was playing around today - nothing serious, but suddenly realized after driving a new CTS-Vsport loaner car that I really liked the paddle shifters in that car. Now I gotta get me some of these so I'm up to par. Looking forward to getting these on my ride - seems like the are top notch. Which is the only thing I want. Life's too short for anything less.

For those of us looking for the glossy black finishes - any idea on when you'll have more available to us?

And it looks like there are two styles - one uniform and one offset. What's the thinking there? Do some people need a lower reach? I just need a little background on why you arrived at two distinct designs so I can pick the one that's right for me.
Hello TriTexan,

Thank you for your Post!

The Paddle Shifters make driving much more enjoyable.

The Finishing Shop is extremely busy. Our window of opportunity is constantly opening and closing and it is difficult to pin-point a precise ETA. However, we are expecting to have the Polished Black Anodized Paddle Shifters available in two weeks...at the latest Mid-May.

Yes, we have both our original B1 Paddle Blades and our new B2 Paddle Blades. The B1's are a huge improvement over the factory buttons and offer much better aesthetics and function. The B2 Paddle Blades are swept and angled to deliver more clearance between the factory multi-function levers and give the driver more Paddle for function.

Please let us know if you have any additional questions.

Kind regards,

Michael Bello
S2T Performance Products

·
Registered
41 Posts
Just placed my order for the polished black! Any idea when you might have them back in stock? Been waiting a loooong time for these already...lol. Just excited...I know I'll have to wait.

·
Vendor
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just placed my order for the polished black! Any idea when you might have them back in stock? Been waiting a loooong time for these already...lol. Just excited...I know I'll have to wait.
Hello jbh2403,

Thank you for your Post and for your Order!

You made an excellent choice and the Polished Black Finish is well worth the wait...

The Shifters have already been dropped-off at the Polisher. When they are done, they'll be delivered to the Finishing Shop for Anodizing. This process normally takes two weeks. However, the Finishing Shop is extremely busy and our window of opportunity is constantly opening and closing so it is difficult to pin-point a precise ETA. We are hoping for the normal two weeks but, the latest would be Mid-May.

We'll keep you posted on the progress via email.

Thanks again,

Michael Bello
S2T Performance Products

·
Registered
155 Posts
Got my paddles in today and went ahead and installed them. These things look great and they are solid. The paddles retain the click just like the OEM buttons.

I do have to say though, that they are not 100% perfect. If you try and activate them from the top 10 or so percent of the paddle, they do not work. The higher up on the paddle you try and activate from, the more outward you have to try and maneuver the paddle. For example, if you activate from the center of the paddle, you can pull straight back. If you activate from near the + or - sign, you kind of have to pull back and to the right or left respectively. I don't believe this is any fault of the paddles but rather of the design of the buttons. The original button engages from right to left/left to right and the pull from the top of the paddle is more of an up and down motion. In order to get a pair of paddles to work 100% I believe you would have to redesign the switch itself.

(I took a video of what I'm talking about if anyone is confused by my rambling. haha)

I will do some driving around tomorrow and see if this is even an issue depending on the most comfortable position that my fingers will fall on the paddle.

Just thought some people might be interested in my impressions. On to the pics!

·
Premium Member
1,069 Posts
Thanks for the review. Where is the video?

·
Vendor
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Got my paddles in today and went ahead and installed them. These things look great and they are solid. The paddles retain the click just like the OEM buttons.

I do have to say though, that they are not 100% perfect. If you try and activate them from the top 10 or so percent of the paddle, they do not work. The higher up on the paddle you try and activate from, the more outward you have to try and maneuver the paddle. For example, if you activate from the center of the paddle, you can pull straight back. If you activate from near the + or - sign, you kind of have to pull back and to the right or left respectively. I don't believe this is any fault of the paddles but rather of the design of the buttons. The original button engages from right to left/left to right and the pull from the top of the paddle is more of an up and down motion. In order to get a pair of paddles to work 100% I believe you would have to redesign the switch itself.

Just thought some people might be interested in my impressions. On to the pics!
Hello GetABox,

Thank you for your Post and Review!

We greatly appreciate your understanding and fairness. Without re-designing the entire paddle shifter switch assembly, we have to accept that our design will not be perfect. However, our Paddle Shifters function perfectly when using the majority of the surface area and they are a HUGE improvement over the factory buttons. We have designed a great Product within the design constraints of the OEM switch. Great review!

And, Thank you for posting Pics!

Kind regards,

Michael Bello
S2T Performance Products

·
Registered
155 Posts
Hello GetABox,

Thank you for your Post and Review!

We greatly appreciate your understanding and fairness. Without re-designing the entire paddle shifter switch assembly, we have to accept that our design will not be perfect. However, our Paddle Shifters function perfectly when using the majority of the surface area and they are a HUGE improvement over the factory buttons. We have designed a great Product within the design constraints of the OEM switch. Great review!

And, Thank you for posting Pics!

Kind regards,

Michael Bello
S2T Performance Products
Completely agree. I don't think it's any fault of yours at all. And with the driving I have done today, I'd say that they work perfectly on about 95% of the surface. You can even get away with pulling from the top a majority of the time, it will just not click like it should as its a bit of an awkward motion.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Received my B2's yesterday and installed them. I'm thoroughly impressed!! Much nicer to use than the factory buttons and look way better while doing it.

·
Vendor
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Received my B2's yesterday and installed them. I'm thoroughly impressed!! Much nicer to use than the factory buttons and look way better while doing it.
Hello RamRod,

Thank you for your Post and Feedback!

Enjoy your new Paddle Shifters!

Kind regards,

Michael Bello
S2T Performance Products

1 - 20 of 196 Posts