Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Idk how many of you guys have seen this but I like it. Being able to daily a car without the wine, harsh shifts, and not being able to go into netual without going through the gears really intrigues me. Only drawback is that you have to use the clutch. What do you guys think? Novelty item or Complete bullshit?

·
Registered
150 Posts
I think it's pretty gimmicky since you still have to use the clutch and it isn't a true sequential setup, but it would remove driver error from mis-shifting. It's also only available for a T56, and the V2 has a TR6060 (it would work in a V1 most likely though.)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So from time to time I go back to the s1 sequential website. Just went on today and saw they are making a ctsv kit. I'm still thinking about getting one down the road.

·
Premium Member
1,469 Posts
So it's kinda like a manual valve body for auto only you have a clutch.

I dunno man, stick purest's probably hate this.

·
Premium Member
788 Posts
The idea of never missing a shift on the track for a 10th of the cost of a full sequential is very attractive to me. I'm going look real hard at this for next season

Sent from my SM-G977U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
Idk how many of you guys have seen this but I like it. Being able to daily a car without the wine, harsh shifts, and not being able to go into netual without going through the gears really intrigues me. Only drawback is that you have to use the clutch. What do you guys think? Novelty item or Complete bullshit?
You only have to use the clutch I imagine if its a stock synchronized transmission.
if you are going to get this you might as well built the transmission and go dog rings and strain gauge then you wouldn't need the clutch after you get going (unless downshifting).

For drag racing this sequential shifter with a dog box and slipper clutch would be really good. For road course use I would keep it with synchros.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts