Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What’s up boys... I have a dual nozzle Alky Control kit on a tuned(can provide tune if needed) and built from bottom up, motor. The window washer reservoir was utilized.

Here’s where the problem is... I can take it out for 80% easy driving/20% getting on it it around a corner or at take off, but nothing serious as mostly in-city driving. Within 50-70 miles later, I’m getting the “low washer fluid” light. Seems like this is quite a lot considering the driving.

The led comes on at approximately 2200 rpms, depending on TP, and off, upon deceleration. Just seems like quite a bit for the amount and type of driving.

Let Me know what you think. TIA

K

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
56 Posts
is it sucking meth thru under vacuum when not spraying ? does it have the solenoid to stop that when not spraying, is the meth doing most of the fueling or just to aid cooler temps

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The kit has a solenoid that Controls the spray and only activates under certain throttle conditions. I’m not sure exactly what the turn on point is currently as my tuner has set it
when tuning last time he had it and upgraded the transmission. Activation seems to be around 2200 RPMs under moderate throttle. The Alky Control kit had a led that tens two colors. One when it’s activated and another when there is pressure in the output line. I was told it sprays during both led color conditions.

·
Premium Member
3,714 Posts
Shouldn't it come on only when under boost/PE? From what I understand, it sprays to cool the pressurized mass charge.

Reactions: mememe123

·
Super Moderator
21,231 Posts
Might need a check valve, close as possible to the nozzles

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes it’s just to cool the charge down for more air volume.

Another thought I had and tell me if this makes sense....

The car sits in the garage 99% of the time, in FL so the temps can be high as well as humidity. Is it possible it’s evaporating to some degree, between drives?

·
Registered
'14 Coupe
142 Posts
I used Devils Own check Valves on my post boost set up (lid + plate), after solenoid, solved my siphoning problem, after trying other ones with no success.

6psi is good activation point for meth, if doing boost reference.
It should not evaporate that fast, I would check for weak solenoid/siphoning.
What size are your nozzles ?

·
Premium Member
13,117 Posts
i have a leak I cant see , i guess it evaporates so fast you wont see a puddle but i would think in your garage you might see or smell it, just something else to consider

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
pumps are notorious for leaks and it will dry very quickly.
check valve close to the nozzle ( i like prometh nozzles )
could be siphoning , but would make your car run much richer than normal and id think you notice it a bit .

Reactions: KILLER V

·
Premium Member
13,117 Posts
my tank is def leaking.....or at least I think it is lol
i lose it just sitting not even driving

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I used Devils Own check Valves on my post boost set up (lid + plate), after solenoid, solved my siphoning problem, after trying other ones with no success.

6psi is good activation point for meth, if doing boost reference.
It should not evaporate that fast, I would check for weak solenoid/siphoning.
What size are your nozzles ?
I am not sure of the size of the nozzles. At the time of purchasing about two years ago, there was only one CTS-V dual nozzle kit that I was aware of. The site now reads 10 or 15 single or dual MAF (triggered). Is that cm of nozzle opening? I apologize but I’m not that familiar with the various nozzle sizes.

As for the boost reference, are you referring to adjusting on the AK control box or tuning via HPT?

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i have a leak I cant see , i guess it evaporates so fast you wont see a puddle but i would think in your garage you might see or smell it, just something else to consider
That’s what I was thinking but the check valve also makes sense. I don’t remember if the kit included one...

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
my tank is def leaking.....or at least I think it is lol
i lose it just sitting not even driving
Me too

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
pumps are notorious for leaks and it will dry very quickly.
check valve close to the nozzle ( i like prometh nozzles )
could be siphoning , but would make your car run much richer than normal and id think you notice it a bit .
I don’t notice any issue with the engine running or performance so I’m guessing it’s evaporating out of snow air leak but I don’t see any spray from the line or the “t” where the nozzle hose divides in to 2. This has been happening since installation, a few years back. The car sits and is rarely driven. I’m considering just filling the tank before each run but I hate shit not working as it’s supposed to...damn this OCD to hell!

·
Premium Member
1,072 Posts
If you rarely drive it, it will evaporate over time. When you do drive it, are you starting with a full reservoir?

Reactions: KILLER V

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
If you rarely drive it, it will evaporate over time. When you do drive it, are you starting with a full reservoir?
I fill it up as soon as it shows low coolant light so if it’s on when I fire it up to take a drive, yes. If it’s not on, no I do not top it off, but was considering that recently to see how it goes.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts