Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All,

2013 V Wagon with 16k miles and the Lingenfelter 650HP add-ons. Was on a road trip and it started to run rough. Found the Airaid induction tube had come off the throttle body so it was sucking air not measured by the MAF. I did this for at least 100miles before I was able to find the problem. I put the induction tube back on and it still runs rough. Cant see any vacuum line leaks, everything seems to be OK. It does seem to smooth out under boost but has a lot of driveline chugging at highway speeds. Idle shakes like I have a huge cam in this thing.

No trouble codes thrown except for MAF and Intake Temp when I pulled the MAF plug off.

Oddly it runs about the same with the MAF sensor plugged in and not plugged in (which will throw a few codes). I am assuming it may be stuck in a speed density default fuel/air mode or something. Battery disconnect for 10+min followed by letting the car idle up to operating temp isn't helping.

Is there an ECU reset procedure I am not doing properly perhaps? Is battery disconnect all I should need to do?

Any help is appreciated. Only get 3 months a year with this car and it is not running for me!!

Thanks
Jim

·
Premium Member
1,090 Posts
Sounds like it learned different fuel trims with that 100 miles of driving. If that tube was the only thing off, give it some time to learn the correct fuel trims. If you have a aeroforce gauge you can reset LTFTs, or do it with HPT.

If you don't have an aerofoce, I suggest you get one. Along with a WB02 so you know it's not running dangerously lean.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks everyone. I replaced the MAF thinking it might have picked up some dust or at least a lot more heat than it would normally see. The engine sounds rougher as well, similar to others who have posted the rattle while in a limp mode. I will need to invest in a tool to do more than my basic OBD blue tooth code reader. Will research the aeroforce you mention. appreciate it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks everyone. I replaced the MAF thinking it might have picked up some dust or at least a lot more heat than it would normally see. The engine sounds rougher as well, similar to others who have posted the rattle while in a limp mode. I will need to invest in a tool to do more than my basic OBD blue tooth code reader. Will research the aeroforce you mention. appreciate it.
Might anyone know how to recalibrate TPS? Mine is reading 24 at idle. RPM bounces before it settles at 750 for idle.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Might anyone know how to recalibrate TPS? Mine is reading 24 at idle. RPM bounces before it settles at 750 for idle.
The last post in this thread might help you

Follow this with a battery reset too. Hope it helps

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The last post in this thread might help you

Follow this with a battery reset too. Hope it helps

Thank you, I attempted the TPS relearn a few times with no change in behavior. I still see a high TPS of 21-26% at idle. I reset fuel trims using Aeroforce as well. Confirmed air induction tube is installed correctly and sealed well up to and including the air filter (K&N style). The few vacuum lines on the left front all looks good. One port plugged with a dummy rubber elbow front center. Vac line at rear looks to be ok. Throttle blade appears to be closed but i can push it 10-20% by hand and it will spring back. Seeing retard/advance of up to 15 during idle, going up to 45 if I rev it up a little. It is definitely hunting to idle properly evidenced by an intentional rev up to 3,000rpm being followed by a return to about 750 followed by a surge to 950rpm before it settles around 750. Cars shakes and backfires frequently.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts