Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
68 Posts
Yes that's a nutty price. About ~$1500-1,700 in parts (rotors/pads) with original equipment via any of the big sites. I can't see it taking more than a few hours to get the job done. Dealership will charge retail rate for parts ($790 per each front rotor FYI) and book time so I'm guessing that's where they are getting the wild number. It's still way up there...

For reference - Brake Components for 2018 Cadillac CTS | GMPartsDirect.com

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This is my second V and my fourth or fifth sports car, and I’ve never seen a crazy price like that. I’d imagine inflation has a little to do with it. But, in your opinion, are there any aftermarket rotors that are as good or better than OEM?

· Registered
68 Posts
Not so much inflation but that's just the retail for these bigger brake setups. The only one I've heard of would be Girodisc - Girodisc Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 2-Piece Floating Brake Rotors

They have supposedly improved on the OEM design but to be entirely honest, unless you are tracking the car, I'd stick with the OEM parts. Just shop for better prices like the link I provided and this can be done yourself or find a good, reputable shop to get everything done. It's a very straightforward replacement.

· Registered
1,055 Posts
Mine are shot, any suggestions? Cadillac wants $3500 to replace them. That sounds crazy to me.
You can buy OEM parts yourself for half the price and install them yourself. Very easy job. OEM brakes are great, and as said above no need to spend more on Girodisc unless you are road racing the car. OEM has a lot of dust, but any low dust alternative will sacrifice some bite.

More info on this thread: Brakes: New Pads and Rotors

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was planning to just do it myself because I personally know multiple people with lifts. But, I just got surgery after tearing my bicep during a heavy sparring session, so I won’t be doing much for a while.
One of my friends just referred me to a shop. May just have to do that.

· Registered
2,316 Posts
I was planning to just do it myself because I personally know multiple people with lifts. But, I just got surgery after tearing my bicep during a heavy sparring session, so I won’t be doing much for a while.
One of my friends just referred me to a shop. May just have to do that.
i litterally just did the same , had a 4 cm tear on my left bicep on 12-28 , surgery 1-10 and now im about 50% back . still favor my arm but once they got a solid brace it was way better. sleeping sucked but nothing new with kids.

anyway , still not a terrible job if your decent with proper lifting and have power tools.
The price isnt crazy for dealer msrp . parts can be had on rock auto for about 1300 with oem front/rear rotors and pads for about 1400 to your door. plus labor
dealer is going to be about double that in parts and the rest labor which is about right 2750 parts , + 6 hrs at 130 hr ~ .

· Registered
118 Posts
You can buy OEM parts yourself for half the price and install them yourself. Very easy job. OEM brakes are great, and as said above no need to spend more on Girodisc unless you are road racing the car. OEM has a lot of dust, but any low dust alternative will sacrifice some bite.

More info on this thread: Brakes: New Pads and Rotors
Yeah, the dust on the front OEM pads is pretty bad. But the bigger brake kits on all performance cars usually have a lot of brake dust.

Sent from my motorola razr (2020) using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.