Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok guys, go easy on me here, im an old school track racer.. ive been 5.90's at 230+ mph but not used to this car on the street..its new to me
It's a 2011 coupe with some mods and I've been playing with her from a dig and roll..whats the sweet spot in the rpm range from a roll? What gear and use manual mod or auto? Traction control on or off? This 6 speed has me all fucked up..

·
Registered
'14 Coupe
507 Posts
60 in 3rd is good.
Down shift to 3rd in sport, floor it, and quickly move stick to regular and back to sport (that way it will auto shift at end of 3rd).
You can also tune it so your 1+2 will stay in gear (for burnouts), 3 and up will auto shift at redline (for rolls).

·
Registered
2011 CTS-V Coupe with a blue wrap. Cam, smaller pulley, larger injectors, methanol injection.
619 Posts
memememe, will it auto shift out of fourth into fifth as well after doing what you said? I haven't read this or heard about it. I usually shift myself it manu mode. Thanks.

·
Registered
'14 Coupe
507 Posts
So yeah, if you have it in 3 and manual, floor, tap it to regular drive (left) and back into sport (right) it will auto shift at redline, since you just out it back into sport drive essentially. If that makes any sense, lmao.
We are talking about the shifter, not the paddles.

Also, I'm on 3.73 rear and A6, so stock (3.23?) Might not be as good @60 in 3rd.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
memememe, will it auto shift out of fourth into fifth as well after doing what you said? I haven't read this or heard about it. I usually shift myself it manu mode. Thanks.
In the tune you can set the action for each gear separately. Mine will not shift from 5th to 6th in manual mode. I would change that if I ever did a mile run. Look at this thread and search for others.:
TUTD Trans Tuning

Reactions: mememe123

·
Registered
'14 Coupe
507 Posts
That's what I was after! Thanks guys, tried it out on the way to work this morning..shes spicy.
Can you leave from a dig with tc on and then cut it of or maybe do a 2nd gear leave?
I never looked into that.
It would also be nice to have it go from "touring" to "sport" suspension in 2nd gear an up for digs, but idk if that is possible 🤔

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.