Alonzo, McConnell... Daytona.

Musta been a good day.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

· Registered
1,336 Posts
Alonzo, McConnell... Daytona.

Musta been a good day.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
If I see Mitch McConnell I'm smacking that bitch straight in the mouth. I've never been to jail, but it'd be worth it.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Reactions: MeanMike

· Premium Member
17,818 Posts
Congrats to Alonzo and the Cadillac Team!

· Registered
5,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #90 ·
Watching Alonzo drive his first stint was awesome. He went from somewhere around, what, 10th I believe to first. Absolutely amazing, he really impressed me.

· Registered
1,336 Posts
Watching Alonzo drive his first stint was awesome. He went from somewhere around, what, 10th I believe to first. Absolutely amazing, he really impressed me.
He was consistently gapping the field by 1.5 seconds per lap - unfortunately a caution would always bunch them back up. The dude was .

· Premium Member
17,457 Posts
Can’t believe they let them race in the am, that tracks was a disaster.

Those Michelin’s were impressive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Registered
1,633 Posts
I stayed until they called it. I had a good time. The Cadillac racing ticket package was well worth it over the camping I did in 2018.

It seemed like the WTR car found some hp or grip at night when things cooled down. But it could have been that Alonso was just deadly consistent on his line. We walked the infield portion of the track for a few hours Saturday night and you could always tell he had more rpm leaving the turns than the other Cadillac prototypes.

The rain was interesting when they were running, but I would rather it have finished out in the dry.

Attachments

· Registered
3,572 Posts

One of the best drivers on the planet. Going from F1 top a DPi car is a massive shift and to do 10th to 1st shows off his level of skill. He can drive anything and WIN. Endurance is so much different than sprints because 4 drivers all have to be in top form. The team also has to be in sync and make no mistakes. All the while going hard for 24 hours, no easy feat.

What's next for him?

· Registered
112 Posts
Indy. He was close last year, I really hope he gets it done this year. Who wouldn't want to give him their best car? The guy is amazing. Hell, someone should offer him a ride for the Daytona 500, too.

Great pic, Mike, thank you for sharing. Sure the Porsche guys might have had more cars there. Their marque didn't get the win... again!

· Registered
3,572 Posts
I would like to see him win at Indy, he will go down as the Spanish version of Mario Andretti, beloved to any country he races in. How can you not like the guy.

Indy on the other hand,while special, is a rather insane to race an open wheel car on an oval.

For some real fun put him in a NASCAR and have him race the weekend at Watkins Glen. That would be a blast to watch and I enjoy watching that one NASCAR race every year. After racing an F1 car, LMP, DPi, Indy and getting into a NASCAR I would pay to see the look on his face going into turn 1 at the Glen in that 3300 pound hog.

Not bashing NASCAR, but I am bashing NASCAR.

· Registered
1,633 Posts
Great pic, Mike, thank you for sharing. Sure the Porsche guys might have had more cars there. Their marque didn't get the win... again!
This picture is from Saturday around noon. I didn't get a picture Saturday afternoon, but there were two rows of cars in the center at one point. Pretty good since our Cadillac performance cars started in 04, vs. 1940's(?) for Porsche's.

Attachments

· Registered
1,336 Posts
Here's one of my favorite moments from the weekend. I left the suite for a few minutes and came back to this - my son soaking up wisdom from the great Johnny O.

81 - 100 of 120 Posts