1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5,594 Posts
Whoa! Rip, such a great mind.

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
Sad day. Definitely amazing he was able to live this long though. Average life expectancy for ALS is normally 2-5 years.

·
Registered
617 Posts
One of the greatest minds of our time. He was diagnosed with ALS in 1963 and was told he only had a few years to live.

I saw the 3 part series Into the Universe more times than I can count.

·
Premium Member
17,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sad day. Definitely amazing he was able to live this long though. Average life expectancy for ALS is normally 2-5 years.
One of the greatest minds of our time. He was diagnosed with ALS in 1963 and was told he only had a few years to live.

I saw the 3 part series Into the Universe more times than I can count.
For sure. What's amazing is that before he was diagnosed he was kinda average. Its almost like ALS gave him the focus and dedication to accomplish as much as he did.

Regardless, it takes some huge intellectual balls to say, "That Einstein guy....I'm not sure he got it right."

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Wonder what tribute will occur on the Big Band Theory, since he's had a reoccurring cameo role

·
Vendor
1,733 Posts
Talk about playing the hand you're dealt... brilliant and phenomenal example.

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
“In his 2013 memoir he described how he felt when first diagnosed with motor neurone disease.

"I felt it was very unfair - why should this happen to me," he wrote.

"At the time, I thought my life was over and that I would never realise the potential I felt I had. But now, 50 years later, I can be quietly satisfied with my life." “

———————
I can only hope to be satisfied with my life when it’s time for me to kick the bucket.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
14,386 Posts
He had a great body but was kind of motionless in bed. Not much of a lay.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

1 - 14 of 14 Posts