Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
will replacing the rims with aftermarket ones end the dreaded clicking or is it in the rotors ?? Witch needs to be replaced to end it ?? Ive taken them off and cleaned everthing and a week later it came back very anoning to say the least
thanks for any input ROD

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
I've read where the clicking sound comes from the rim/wheel lug nuts not being torqued tight enough, 140 ft lbs of torque is recommended as far as I know ...

·
Premium Member
180 Posts
I've read where the clicking sound comes from the rim/wheel lug nuts not being torqued tight enough, 140 ft lbs of torque is recommended as far as I know ...
^^^This

Not sure what the torque spec is for the wheels you're using, but I'd smoke the lugs down and see if the noise goes away.

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
I'm just assuming he's running stock rims/wheels now since he implied replacing them with aftermarket rims/wheels & why I gave him the 140 torque specs for the wheels ...

·
Super Moderator
17,096 Posts
Clean mating surface of rim and rotor, light coat of grease, torque fronts to 156 ft lbs. rears are 140

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I haven't tried the grease trick and yes stock rims and tires and yes they are torqued to 155 high as mine will go its a 2014 and has the blue in the threads of the nuts. I like the stock rims but if getting different ones and maybe a better rotor would end it ide be all for it

·
Registered
3,174 Posts
Hard to get better then the stock rotors for the cost. Guess I'm a lucky one, never had the click issue.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts