Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've Google searched the forum and all other sites and can't find any pics with these wheels on thunder grey chromaflaire. Any one got these or have pics. Much appreciated.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I've Google searched the forum and all other sites and can't find any pics with these wheels on cyclone grey chromaflare. Any one got these or have pics. Much appreciated.

Anyone?

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I realized that part of the reason why I wasn't finding anything was that I messed up the name of the color of my V. I thought it was called "Cyclone" Grey Chromaflair, but that was a mix up in my brain that carried over from my Goat that was "Cyclone Grey Metallic". Tritexan has some really nice pics of some other forgelines on his TGM Vagon. They look awesome, but I am still holding out to see if I can get the GA1Rs to work on my Sedan. I would really like to run the 20X9.5 and 20X11 setup that Tritexan used, but I just don't want to mess around with rolling fenders or other mods to avoid rubbing. I ran 275s on my Goat and had to put on drag bags to prevent rubbing with passengers and under extreme acceleration. I know the V gives us more room to play with, but not much more. Decisions...decisions...

·
Registered
118 Posts
The GA1R should work just fine on your sedan. I am running the same sizes as TriTexan, albeit, with a different wheel manufacturer. Forgeline is top notch, had a set on a previous car, and they should know exactly the offsets you need for your vehicle, without needing to roll fenders or other mods to avoid rubbing. I run a 305/30/20 in the back with no rubbing or fender rolling. My car is not lowered, however I believe others are successful running the same even being lowered. Just pay attention to what tires you run as not all 305's are created equal. There are plenty of threads on this subject. If Forgelines are within your budget, the decision is really a no brainer.

·
Premium Member
17,592 Posts
Having had a Thunder Gray wagon, I will say that the "ChromaFlair" pigment contains flakes of blue, green, and even orange metallics. It's what makes the paint special. But it also makes matching the tint very tricky. It can look perfectly fine in some light, and terrible in others. Best advice for the OP and others is to go with a contrast wheel color - lighter or darker - rather than try to match it in any way.

I will add that the chrome all over these cars also makes wheels a challenge. I have seen many wheels with a chrome lip and a brushed finish, tinted, or other type of center and that ties it in nicely. Either that or just wrap the chrome with something else.

Audi has a wonderful option called "Optic Black" where all the chrome is replaced with black - in our case a glossy "Piano Black" lacquer-looking finish. Wife has an Audi in a metallic white paint and the black trim suits it very well. I wish Caddy had better options for both wheels and trim as this would not only be a good source of extra revenue for them, but it would be well received by customers, too.

Here are my wheels - brushed aluminum with clearcoat, on the TG wagon...

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Everytime I look at pics of your TGC Wagon with those wheels I can't help but want that exact setup - just gorgeous. It is really close for me between the GA1Rs and these. I have always wanted to run a "true" 305 on the rear of this car and with an 11" you can do that without the bulge from what I can see.

·
Premium Member
17,592 Posts
Everytime I look at pics of your TGC Wagon with those wheels I can't help but want that exact setup - just gorgeous. It is really close for me between the GA1Rs and these. I have always wanted to run a "true" 305 on the rear of this car and with an 11" you can do that without the bulge from what I can see.
The 305 P Zero or Super Sport. But not the Cup 2's - which are just amazing tires. You just need to roll fenders a bit.

And on the 11 inch wheels the 305 has minimal bulge and good response.

If you want a truly amazing setup do 11 inch rears and Cup 2 tires. Those Forgelines deserve an equally amazing tire.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Having had a Thunder Gray wagon, I will say that the "ChromaFlair" pigment contains flakes of blue, green, and even orange metallics. It's what makes the paint special. But it also makes matching the tint very tricky. It can look perfectly fine in some light, and terrible in others. Best advice for the OP and others is to go with a contrast wheel color - lighter or darker - rather than try to match it in any way.

I will add that the chrome all over these cars also makes wheels a challenge. I have seen many wheels with a chrome lip and a brushed finish, tinted, or other type of center and that ties it in nicely. Either that or just wrap the chrome with something else.

Audi has a wonderful option called "Optic Black" where all the chrome is replaced with black - in our case a glossy "Piano Black" lacquer-looking finish. Wife has an Audi in a metallic white paint and the black trim suits it very well. I wish Caddy had better options for both wheels and trim as this would not only be a good source of extra revenue for them, but it would be well received by customers, too.

Here are my wheels - brushed aluminum with clearcoat, on the TG wagon...

Remind me, is this car lowered?

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
The 305 P Zero or Super Sport. But not the Cup 2's - which are just amazing tires. You just need to roll fenders a bit.

And on the 11 inch wheels the 305 has minimal bulge and good response.

If you want a truly amazing setup do 11 inch rears and Cup 2 tires. Those Forgelines deserve an equally amazing tire.
Do all 3 tires need fenders rolled? I believe you said a 295 runs without the need to roll, but man having a 305 tucked under there is just so appealing to me.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts