Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just wanted to share this for posterity:

You can program ("initialize") a new FPCM through HPTuners. I searched and asked around, and most people believe it is [still] a dealer only option - no longer true now that HPTuners has FPCM access..

In my case I had a copy of the FPCM tune file already saved, so I put a new one in, turned the key on, and programmed it through HPTuners without any hiccups.

At first I was chasing wierd fuel line pressure drops under load, which over the course of a few days turned into the pumps not turning on at all (car wouldn't start). Because this coincidentally coincided with other things I was working on with the fuel system... it took a while to chase it down as I ruled other things out first.

I would get +12v to the pumps with a voltmeter, but the FPCM wouldn't supply enough amperes to actually drive them. I finally realized that by trying to run a spare pump off the FPCM to tank connection, and I felt the spare pump I was holding kick but not actually run when the FPCM tried to drive it with key on.

Anyway, easy swap and tune.

I'd encourage all you modded guys to access and save your existing FPCM tune if you haven't already!

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Thanks for the info.

I have mine saved. Burned a credit but worth it.

Reactions: random84

·
Registered
3,044 Posts
awesome! does that mean I have to upgrade to the newer HPtuners? and do I lose the ability to turn off check engine lights and stop them reporting errors?

Reactions: suicide_machines69

·
Premium Member
1,306 Posts
Good info and good to know just in case.

·
Premium Member
16,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
awesome! does that mean I have to upgrade to the newer HPtuners? and do I lose the ability to turn off check engine lights and stop them reporting errors?
I have to check, but I'm running an older version. You just need a new enough version that supports the FPCM read / write on our platform.

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts