Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Sorry if I missed it, but are you running the BassLink along with the stock subwoofer, or instead of?
Added the Basslink to the stock system, so playing both.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Just to give you guys more ideas, here’s my setup:

-10” JL W3
-Lc2i LOC
-JL XD600 amp

All concealed very nicely, and still allowing use of trunk.

IMG_9245.JPG IMG_9241.JPG IMG_9244.JPG IMG_9243.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: random84

·
Premium Member
15,453 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
I like it. I might copy that for my wagon - IF I keep the factory head unit.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Yea, I can imagine this sounding really good in a wagon since it’s a bigger space. The amp/sub setup I used is a bit overkill, since it’s so powerful, but sounds amazing.

From a scale of 1-10, I probably have the knob dialed to a 1, and that already provides all the bass I need.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
15,453 Posts
So although I am no audiophile, I just added a Rockford fosgate p300-10, basically their powered 10" boxed sub that people have mentioned before.

I just threw it (gently) into the rear cargo area, ran power / ground and spliced into the existing sub wiring harness.

It's easily powerful enough for any sane expectations for the wagon's volume and has nice features such as DC sense auto turn on (or a wired lead), a quick-disconnect for the connections and is relatively compact.

It sounds good enough I'm tempted to rip the enclosure apart and permanently mount it in the cubby.

$170 shipped give or take. All you need are power / ground wires.

·
Registered
70 Posts
So although I am no audiophile, I just added a Rockford fosgate p300-10, basically their powered 10" boxed sub that people have mentioned before.

I just threw it (gently) into the rear cargo area, ran power / ground and spliced into the existing sub wiring harness.

It's easily powerful enough for any sane expectations for the wagon's volume and has nice features such as DC sense auto turn on (or a wired lead), a quick-disconnect for the connections and is relatively compact.

It sounds good enough I'm tempted to rip the enclosure apart and permanently mount it in the cubby.

$170 shipped give or take. All you need are power / ground wires.

The p3 sounds good. That is what I have in my car. Have it powered by a 1000 watt Rockford Fosgate class D amp. Gives enough to impress but not too much where it looks like your trying too hard.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ya...best way to deal with it is wire a gain knob that you can adjust up to the center console or something. Or just deal with the bass reduction. It Still sounds better than stock.
Hi, if you used a bass knob, where did you install it, share pictures if you can, thanks.

41 - 49 of 49 Posts