Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love the stock Cadillac wipers on the V with their aerodynamic shape but as most of us know they were quite expensive and no longer available from Cadillac. I tried the Trico replacement blades that were recommended on previous threads and they were not an exact fit, the 22" was too long and had to be cut, the only 19" I found were the wrong width and do not work. Quite to my surprise I was recently able to find these complete wipers with blades, 2 sets for $30, 4 wipers total, 2 of each size. They are made in China but exact fit and nearly identical design. As you can see in the pics, the blades are identical in appearance and length, you can use them in your stock wipers chassis if you prefer. At this price is hard to go wrong, comes out to cost less than any of the blade refills I have found. I installed them on my V in under a minute and they work perfectly. You can see in the pics that the longer stock blade had lost it's tension and is basically straight, original blades since 2011. In the pics the stock wiper is on top. On the final pic I used blocks to put the stock long wiper in it's tensioned position to show it it is the same length as the replacement wiper in it's purposed position, maximum windshield contact. I think the plastic chassis may be a lower grade plastic than OEM but worth the cost just for the blades. I hope this is helpful to the community.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Great! Please give me a part# and dealer that has them in stock. I would definitely prefer to have OEM, they lasted 40K original on the car. I would love OEM replacement wipers but would be just as happy with OEM blade refills.

·
Premium Member
13,315 Posts
Great! Please give me a part# and dealer that has them in stock. I would definitely prefer to have OEM, they lasted 40K original on the car. I would love OEM replacement wipers but would be just as happy with OEM blade refills.
is this like a trick question because no one has them in stock?
Just go to your local dealer and order them, or one of the online gm parts places

·
Registered
59 Posts
I do the inserts. It is stupid to be forced to by the entire unit. I found some silicone blades I am trying out. So far so good.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I apologize if I had incorrect information. A previous thread that I read here indicated that the OEM wiper blade assembly with aerodynamic shape was no longer available through GM. I tried the suggested blade refills and they were not an exact fit. I thought this might be a useful alternative, they are working great on my car.

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Just replaced mine with the Trico Force Beam and finally took her out in the rain and they worked perfectly. No streaks or juddering, just a perfect sweep.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Of course you can purchase a 19 and 22 blade anywhere, do they look like the stock V wiper? Your Trico reference only fits one blade, not the other. Is different in length and width.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I ordered and received the wiper blade refills that were recommended, I had to cut the the long blade to fit and the short blade was 6mm wide, needs to be 8mm.

·
Registered
59 Posts
The length does not matter. They will fit a 22 and can be trimmed for the 19. I apologize for the width. Both of mine were the same width. They were both factory wipers. 2009 V

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Of course you can purchase a 19 and 22 blade anywhere, do they look like the stock V wiper? Your Trico reference only fits one blade, not the other. Is different in length and width.
All I can say is the Trico's I got fit fine and work great and I don't have a problem with the looks of them.

To each their own.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts