Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
I've been searching for this solution after being told by multiple tuners I can't run even a 2.55 pulley on corn with stock pumps. Not willing to install a trap door or drill the tank. Also have emissions here so don't want to mess with the FPCM light from aftermarket pumps.

This is a perfect solution except for the labor to drop the tank. Got all winter to deal with that though. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
2,963 Posts
You can run E85 with a 2.55 pulley on stock pumps, but you do need bigger injectors.

·
Registered
14 Posts
IDX1050s are ready to install too but no tuner within driving distance wants to tune that setup. I figure it is the cooler weather up here. I'd rather be safe than sorry.

·
Premium Member
16,456 Posts
IDX1000s are ready to install too but no tuner within driving distance wants to tune that setup. I figure it is the cooler weather up here. I'd rather be safe than sorry.
Check out PatG. He has treated me well and my build is a bit more aggressive.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
13,450 Posts
On my older v I ran, and it still runs a 2.55 on e85 on stock pumps And id850s.

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
I just happened to stumble on his install youtube video and I am glad I did. It seems like the best way to go if you plan to run an external pump.

I am currently running two of the Deatschwerks DW300c and plan on adding in the dsx kit once I hit the limits of them.

Hopefully with the ALM hat it will also allow those pumps to flow a bit better.
So what are your power levels now and planned for the future.? I have the ALM stage 1 hat (no aux pump) with DW300c pumps (and ID1050x injectors) and went 780 to the tire on 35% corn, my tuner was a little concerned with fuel pressure at the very top end of the RPM 6300 to 6800, so I added a boost-a-pump for safety. Getting the stage 2 is the best idea if you plan to go more than 800, and it keeps from drilling the tank.!
Good Luck.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
So what are your power levels now and planned for the future.? I have the ALM stage 1 hat (no aux pump) with DW300c pumps (and ID1050x injectors) and went 780 to the tire on 35% corn, my tuner was a little concerned with fuel pressure at the very top end of the RPM 6300 to 6800, so I added a boost-a-pump for safety. Getting the stage 2 is the best idea if you plan to go more than 800, and it keeps from drilling the tank.!
Good Luck.
I received my stage 2 fuel hat kit and dsx fuel pump. the install was easy and everything looks amazing. My tune is Monday so we will see what kind of numbers I can put down.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
13,450 Posts
I received my stage 2 fuel hat kit and dsx fuel pump. the install was easy and everything looks amazing. My tune is Monday so we will see what kind of numbers I can put down.
you going to run stock pumps and the DSX aux pump?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
you going to run stock pumps and the DSX aux pump?
I am running to run 2 DW300c and the DSX kit. At this point its overkill for my power level but I plan on changing that soon. If the DW300cs are enough for my current setup I will just pull the fuse from the DSX kit until its needed later.

·
Premium Member
16,456 Posts
I just wanted to clarify after stumbling back into this thread via a search, as I am going over my fuel system - I got rid of the CEL light by removing the DTC code from the FPCM itself.

Basically, using HP Tuners:
Read the OEM FPCM just like you would read a stock ECM file.
Open up HP Tuners, and under "fuel" you will see the Control Module tab.
Disable the appropriate DTC code
re-write the FPCM bin file and problem solved.

Disabling the same code on the ECM does nothing (which is what I tried to do initially), why these codes are in there twice is beyond me - but the FPCM has priority so when it triggers a code, the CEL comes on.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Damn I wish I would have actually looked through the forums 8 months ago… now I want a new fuel tank and alm stage 2 to get rid of the hole in my tank from the Dsx kit!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2014 CTS-V Sedan A6
1,381 Posts
Damn I wish I would have actually looked through the forums 8 months ago… now I want a new fuel tank and alm stage 2 to get rid of the hole in my tank from the Dsx kit!

Same, but I've had a DSX Aux for a few years now. I just put this hat in yesterday and ran a new 6AN line to the engine bay and ripped out the stock metal lines. My aux now has it's own 6AN line, and they both meet up to a 8AN where they pass through a bypass flex sensor then split to 6AN to each rail.

I think in the future, I'll replace the gas tank and drill this hat to make a passthrough for my aux. But this is because I plan on dropping my rear subframe and have it stripped and repainted. I love my car so it gets all the good treatment.

Reactions: random84

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Same, but I've had a DSX Aux for a few years now. I just put this hat in yesterday and ran a new 6AN line to the engine bay and ripped out the stock metal lines. My aux now has it's own 6AN line, and they both meet up to a 8AN where they pass through a bypass flex sensor then split to 6AN to each rail.

I think in the future, I'll replace the gas tank and drill this hat to make a passthrough for my aux. But this is because I plan on dropping my rear subframe and have it stripped and repainted. I love my car so it gets all the good treatment.
I also got the stage 1 hat and see there is a provision to add the auxilery fitting. Appears to be spot drilled at the location the stage 2 places it.

Of course the hat would need removed to be drilled and tapped for the an fitting.

·
Premium Member
2014 CTS-V Sedan A6
1,381 Posts
I also got the stage 1 hat and see there is a provision to add the auxilery fitting. Appears to be spot drilled at the location the stage 2 places it.

Of course the hat would need removed to be drilled and tapped for the an fitting.

Yeah, super easy to mod for a fuel passthrough. And like you said, you could tap it and not need a bulkhead fitting. It would seal real nice and be super stable.

Reactions: jcs003

·
Premium Member
16,456 Posts
All the same.

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
34 Posts
You don’t need more hose length. Just the additional -6 90 adapter on the top side, only thing Not included.
So if I just get a new stock tankard use your stage 2 my Dax hose will work with a 90 fitting?

·
Registered
3,132 Posts
So if I just get a new stock tankard use your stage 2 my Dax hose will work with a 90 fitting?

Yessir. A low profile 90 deg adapter so that the hatch can fit.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Yessir. A low profile 90 deg adapter so that the hatch can fit.
Thank you sir I will be getting you hat soon I just had a buddy give me a good new to me tank out of one of his wrecked sedans and it doesn’t have the hole drilled like mine!

21 - 40 of 43 Posts