Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I thought my stock driver motor mount went bad again because I saw fluid leaking from that area....I ordered CS black mounts thinking it was the mount gone bad....well I took it out and its fine..?? Well I said might as well change it out anyways, so I only did the driver side, wasnt too hard...put the header a side, not even off the car...used some swivel 15mm to get 3 bracket bolts off, and left one bolt on so I could rotate the bracket to free up the mount....
Anyways, the cadillac feel, or whatever was left of it (full bolt on, 2.5 cam car) is gone...but I do like the firmness, it's not too bad, just a little extra mini vibrations...wondering doing the passenger makes it worse????

Finally, what actually leaked if it wasnt the mount?? lca bushing? it wasnt oily, as oil or power steering fluid...more watery...

·
Premium Member
157 Posts
IMHO, adding the CS passenger mount will increase the vibration even more. I think if you give it time, the driver side mount will work in a little more and probably become less noticeable.

·
Registered
769 Posts
Post a pic of the old mount and where the fluid leak is on the car. Sometimes a mount won't look blown, but you can tell by wiggling the studs.

The driver side mount is the one most prone to failure, so you can leave the passenger side alone if you want. My only concern is the CS mounts are a little taller than stock, so your engine might be just a hair tilted. Probably not an issue, though?

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
that's the mess it made, but when I took out the mount, it was fine, not torn at all...so is this mess from the lca bushing??

·
Registered
769 Posts
Yeppp, that's the LCA bushing. Looks like the Creative Steel package is in your future!

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
+2 Same thing my passenger did. I didn't even know it was fluid filled. Does it smell like S/C Fluid or an animal based oil?

·
Registered
769 Posts
not sure, but its seems to be the same type of oil that my first bad motor mount had
That would make sense that it's the same fluid. They're both trying to damp engine/suspension movement.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts