Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I have a 2016 V, and I`ll replace both Outside Mirrors (from Europe to US). I know there a three screws, but what and how is the removal from Inside? Any pics or Idea. I don`t want damage any Parts. The door panel must be removed or not?

Best Regards
Marco

·
Registered
2,747 Posts
Hello, I have a 2016 V, and I`ll replace both Outside Mirrors (from Europe to US). I know there a three screws, but what and how is the removal from Inside? Any pics or Idea. I don`t want damage any Parts. The door panel must be removed or not?

Best Regards
Marco
typically yes, remove door panel, remove cover on back side of mirror, remove connector and screws, replace all.

Its pulling the door panel without goofing any clips up that can be the trick, usually much harder on german cars IMO though, so this one should be easy...just goofy US engineering that hasnt improved in a few decades typically holding it on.

·
Registered
958 Posts

Best Regards
Marco

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Thank you Sir, may I ask you if you also have instructions for dismantling the Front bumper? Because I`ll paint the Front Grill. And have you a Link for the Special Plastics Tools, to remove the Door Trim? Do you know also which Clips I have to Buy on Amazon. Hope you can Help me, and a big Thanks from Europe to USA.
You can send me a PM if you don`t want to post here.
Best Regards
Marco

·
Registered
2,747 Posts
Mike making me look simple AF with his GM tech access...what a guy!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Best Regards
Marco
OK, get two used Mirrors from US for my Europe 2016 V. But the US has no Power Folding Europe Models already has that Option. I'll try to rebuild mine. Let you know if it works

1 - 7 of 7 Posts