Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to replace the "standard" steering wheel on my MY2013 Vagon with the one with suede - these are surprisingly cheap from gmparts. Anywhere I can find out how to remove the wheel? I poked around the forum but could not find anything. Some suggested that I should just get the dealer to do it - but what's the fun in that? :)

Same thing about the shifter... One thread suggested to yank it straight up (with many a predictable "yanking the knob" jokes). ??

·
Premium Member
826 Posts
replacement steering wheel install diy

On the 6m shift knob, yank that motherfucker straight up, unsnap boot from console first though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I say motherfucker on a daily basis, but the quote "yank that motherfucker straight up" is just beautiful! You sir are a poet! Maya Angelou would be proud, God rest her soul.

·
Super Moderator
17,218 Posts
I say motherfucker on a daily basis, but the quote "yank that motherfucker straight up" is just beautiful! You sir are a poet! Maya Angelou would be proud, God rest her soul.
Why thank you, thank you very much!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,567 Posts
And keep your forehead out of the way. Nothing says idiot like a 6 speed imprint after that sucker pops loose.

·
Premium Member
17,831 Posts
LOL - sent him your thread via PM as well Larry! (Kent?)

Anyway, looks like we've got him covered six different ways.

And keep your forehead out of the way. Nothing says idiot like a 6 speed imprint after that sucker pops loose.
"My husband REALLY loves his car. He had the Caddy wreath and crest tattooed in reverse on his forehead. I guess it's so he can see it in the mirror in the morning...."

·
Dick Pickles
5,789 Posts
Be prepared to put a lot of weight behind that shifter knob off. It is a motherfucker!!!!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Used a Torx T45 bit and a breaker bar. Came off with no problems; the shifter knob did not put up much fight, either. I did put in the darn airbag back in somewhat crooked though, and it is now stuck - I will have to disconnect the battery to see if I can dislodge it (to cut the infernal horn blasting); the guide pins may have gone in askew and I can't get it out... Arghh!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts