Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
2012 V Coupe Auto with a view of the Moon
783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I did do a little search but couldn’t really find what I was looking for.
I about to take on the project of putting the 2015 ATS emblems on Lucille, but I wanna know the easiest way to get that trunk emblem off without any damage. I’m not even sure how it’s connected underneath. Adhesive I’m sure, but on a coupe, is there any holes underneath? I was thinking spraying some Goo Gone around it and letting it sit for a while and then taking the ole fishing line under it. But I dunno for sure that’ll work
Can anyone chime in and lemme know the best way to hit this project?
2012 Coupe
Kenny

·
Registered
365 Posts
Plastic pry tool and then fishing line followed up by the Goo Gone. I have a sedan and that is how I did all of mine. Live in Las Vegas so the sun bleaches out the colors on the badges.

·
Registered
982 Posts
Hair dryer to soften the adhesive then I used dental floss. Coupe does have two holes behind emblem where locating posts from emblem go. I did the same upgrade a while back and I had to heat the new rear emblem and bend it to match the very sharp peak on back of the coupe. I’m very happy with the outcome though

·
Premium Member
783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Plastic pry tool and then fishing line followed up by the Goo Gone. I have a sedan and that is how I did all of mine. Live in Las Vegas so the sun bleaches out the colors on the badges.
Any holes under the Coupes trunk like the sedan you know of?
And damn that was a quick reply 🤣😂

·
Premium Member
783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hair dryer to soften the adhesive then I used dental floss. Coupe does have two holes behind emblem where locating posts from emblem go. I did the same upgrade a while back and I had to heat the new rear emblem and bend it to match the very sharp peak on back of the coupe. I’m very happy with the outcome though
Another quick reply. Ok Awesome on that Ctarb. I was wondering.
so lemme ask you, what I’ve read so far is some cut the rear slightly to bend it to fit.Are you saying no need for that? Just heat and bend? If so, that’s awesome as well, bc I really was dreading making that slight cut with my Dremel

·
Registered
365 Posts
if it is like the sedan there are alignment pins but the double sided foam tape is what holds it down. I would but the new ones first and then it is an easy change. I bought some off eBay and they were too small Shen I got them so I went to the GM parts Giant site and got the originals before I took the old ones off. I did both doors and the trunk all at once. It was a busy Saturday getting all that adhesive off and thank God for Goo Gone.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
I made the cut in mine. Once you heat and bend it you can't see the cut unless you look close.

I was going to look into a newer ELR badge (Like a 2016) but never got around to it. I would think the rear trunk is similar and the last year (2016) of those had the new style badge without the wreath.

·
Premium Member
783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
if it is like the sedan there are alignment pins but the double sided foam tape is what holds it down. I would but the new ones first and then it is an easy change. I bought some off eBay and they were too small Shen I got them so I went to the GM parts Giant site and got the originals before I took the old ones off. I did both doors and the trunk all at once. It was a busy Saturday getting all that adhesive off and thank God for Goo Gone.
Yes thank God for Goo Gone. Love that stuff!
I made the cut in mine. Once you heat and bend it you can't see the cut unless you look close.
You have to believe guys are cutting it for a reason, I was very surprised to hear Ctarb1 didn’t cut it and was able to bend it by heat.

·
Premium Member
783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Have no idea how the post above got 2 quotes in there. Didn’t mean to do that if it’s F’d up. Lol

·
Premium Member
783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Maybe I just got lucky I dunno, if the masses are cutting them first give it a shot, I’d never want to give bad advice and have you screw up the new emblem
No no I understand completely. I appreciate it. I’ll take a look at it when they arrive this weekend and decide what to do. I’m on the fence right now so we’ll see. Yours looks good btw! I like the Plasti dipped chrome trunk piece. What all have you Plasti dipped. Can you send some pics? I’m considering doing some more myself after my grill turning out like it did. Especially those rear bumper bezels I think they’re called.

·
Registered
982 Posts
No no I understand completely. I appreciate it. I’ll take a look at it when they arrive this weekend and decide what to do. I’m on the fence right now so we’ll see. Yours looks good btw! I like the Plasti dipped chrome trunk piece. What all have you Plasti dipped. Can you send some pics? I’m considering doing some more myself after my grill turning out like it did. Especially those rear bumper bezels I think they’re called.
it’s all a matte black wrap on everything that was chrome. Full delete on all the shiny stuff, in my opinion with the thunder grey the black looks killer

·
Premium Member
4,245 Posts
Plastidip and glossifier.

·
Registered
982 Posts
Where are you guys ordering your black emblems from? I have a 2011 I need to order all black gloss emblems
You can get them on eBay, the old style or the newer style, up to your preference. grill emblem fits as is the rear needs to be heated and bent for the sharp point at the rear of the coupe. At least for the newer style ones which is what I have

1 - 18 of 18 Posts