Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wuddup everyone!?
Need help trying to figure out why my remote start won’t work, I lock my car then hold down the arrow on my key fob my lights flash but nothing happens. It’s a 2014 Cts-v coupe automatic, ever since owning the car the remote start never worked. I have no check engine light and switched the battery on my key fob. Any suggestions would really help me out thank you!

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Check for codes anyway. You may have a permanent code and not a light. If you don't have a scanner you can go to any parts store and have them check for codes both current and permanent.

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Check for codes anyway. You may have a permanent code and not a light. If you don't have a scanner you can go to any parts store and have them check for codes both current and permanent.
Exactly.

There can be a code that you don't see, that when doing Remote, blocks the engine starting up, that is overridden when you turn the ignition switch.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok will do I’ll check that today and see if that helps thank you again I’ll keep you guys updated!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Any mods to the car? That could explain the issue.
the previous owner cut out the stock axle back exhaust and the only thing I’ve done was eibach lowering springs and changed upper control arms bushings.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Exactly.

There can be a code that you don't see, that when doing Remote, blocks the engine starting up, that is overridden when you turn the ignition switch.
[/QUOTE
Exactly.

Scanned for codes and got nothing I still cleared it just to be safe and still no luck

1 - 8 of 8 Posts