Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This has been discussed in the threads - however, despite some concerns, I think it is a worthy modification given that I live in Houston and it is hot as a crotch in here.
I have been looking at Viper systems, some of which are ostensibly designed to be used with standard transmissions. Anybody has any experience with these or, perhaps, could suggest an alternative?

I was thinking a smart phone based one, or maybe a 2-way fob.

I am also wondering if BestBuy is a place to have it installed... I know, I know... But - at least I will have some recourse if things don't go as well, as opposed to some boutique shop.

Thoughts/comments are welcome!

·
Registered
391 Posts
Most people build and race these cars more so than add pimped out alarms and mess much with the electronics.

But hey there, Welcome.

1. Go to a reputable DEI (Viper, Python, other snakes, etc.) dealer - do not have Best Buy install your alarm; this is a sensitive operation on the electronics in your car.
1a. You should have plenty of DEI dealers in Houston. Establish a relationship with one and ask for a deal.
2. Viper 59xx series is a good choice. I had the top line 2-way on my diesel F250 and it worked like a charm. It even let me know criminals were breaking into it and stealing my shiz.
2a. DEI offers SmartStart to layer on top where this was not available when I had the system; it looks good but when it first hit the market my buddy who owns a shop and installs these told me they're +/- 80% or so.

The Viper 590x 2-way unit always worked when I needed it.

Again, Welcome and Good luck.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Anything else to add? Wasting bytes as I am wasting my time to respond, apparently. As far as jokes go, keep your day job.
That was actually pretty funny, but as i2q said go to a high end car alarm/audio shop. I have seen it done on a few manual cars. Just have to make sure you have a kill switch on the tranny so it won't start if the car is in gear and you will have to remember to use the parking brake only when you park.

·
Premium Member
2,766 Posts
In for solutions. This is the ONE thing I miss from my 6AT V. I know, starting while in gear causes problems, bla bla bla.... :). I've missed walking up to a warm car in the last two winters.

·
Dick Pickles
5,902 Posts
Anything else to add? Wasting bytes as I am wasting my time to respond, apparently. As far as jokes go, keep your day job.
Easy fella. You're going to need to relax if you want to hang around here.

Ok, I'm done adding worthy information.

·
Premium Member
17,898 Posts
He's new guys - not broken in to the way we operate around here LOL!! I will say - it seems an oversight for GM not to solve this problem on the manual trans. I guess it's more about liability though. Just because they CAN put such a system on cars doesn't mean they want to - just not worth the potential lawsuits should anything happen. In these days of overweight keychains causing million dollar issues, can you imagine what remote start on a manual trans could do??

·
Premium Member
15,759 Posts
Cunts.

·
Premium Member
15,759 Posts
This cunt getting snarky? Remote start should go hand and hand with carrying tampons .

Thats why cadillac removed remote start from the manual cars.

They know only women drive automatics so they made sure to have remote start on those.

Sent from my LG-VS980 using Tapatalk
You'd think they'd limit the Titanium interior option to manual cars then? You're less likely to notice blood on an ebony seat.

·
Premium Member
15,759 Posts
They may have discretely done this my manual has titanium interior
Mine too!

Must be GM's War Against Women! Corporate Misogyny! Oh the noes!!!!

Those fucking cunts.

·
Registered
682 Posts
I wondered if the components are all there? I know some harnesses are premade and the wiring my be there. Us 6m guys could just be missing a bit of hardware to make the OEM setup work

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I wondered if the components are all there? I know some harnesses are premade and the wiring my be there. Us 6m guys could just be missing a bit of hardware to make the OEM setup work
According to the couple of installers I talked to, it is the same thing that they install that goes into AT. What Viper did is to make sure that the driver goes thru a bit of gymnastics to make sure that the car is left in neutral. However, some fellow on YT showed a, ahem, "kill switch", that is activated when the car is 1st gear (a simple electromechanical contact) and shorts the ground to the remote starter such that the system is inactive. Clever.

·
Premium Member
675 Posts
^^ this.

I had RS on a manual car back in 03 or so. It made me leave the car on (similar to a Turbo Timer) and it shut itself down.

This way, I couldn't leave the car on and walk away while the car was in gear. If the door was ever opened after the car shut down on its own, RS would be disabled.

·
Registered
135 Posts
This cunt getting snarky? Remote start should go hand and hand with carrying tampons .

Thats why cadillac removed remote start from the manual cars.

They know only women drive automatics so they made sure to have remote start on those.

Sent from my LG-VS980 using Tapatalk
Auto's win more races. A setup and stalled auto will ass rape a manual tranny any day of the week.

But...some guy's just like the feel of a rod to jerk off...but to each their own. My A6 affords me the opportunity to have free hand for the hottie sitting next to me. I would rather play with her than a shifter knob. Just saying...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,313 Posts
Auto's win more races. A setup and stalled auto will ass rape a manual tranny any day of the week.

But...some guy's just like the feel of a rod to jerk off...but to each their own. My A6 affords me the opportunity to have free hand for the hottie sitting next to me. I would rather play with her than a shifter knob. Just saying...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
***. Cunt.

1 - 20 of 70 Posts