Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a couple of weeks away from installing my light modes and will need a tuner as well.
Who do the inmates recommend? I'm in North OC area.

TIA

·
Registered
912 Posts
Tuned by Ryne Cunningham in Murrietta CA.

·
Premium Member
310 Posts
Take a road trip and go see @Lt1z

·
Registered
316 Posts
Ryne tunes out of JEP Autoworks. Josh (owner) at JEP does the work and Ryne tunes. Josh has a V3 as well and I believe Ryne was a wicked Vet. Both GM guys.

·
Super Moderator
21,515 Posts
They have done a great job for me and many of my other friends. Sean has a wagon. He’s the one that does my tune.
Yeah, well, I know of too many blown engines, not to mention many reported idle and transition issues with moderate cams and large injectors.

I also know he tuned a lot for D3.

But, what do I know, I’m new here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
20 Posts
Just because people blow motors doesn’t mean the tuner is to blame. Builder driver and people trying to make lots of power w out installing mods to support the power.

But what do I know. Only a Mercedes Benz master tech

·
Super Moderator
21,515 Posts
Granted, blown engines don’t mean it’s the tuner’s fault, and a MB master tech also doesn’t mean a lot on this platform.

Just saying, I know of more than a few, and if I were the OP, I would avoid CAT.

If it were my car, I would see Ryne or Matt.

·
Super Moderator
21,515 Posts
I should add, to be fair, perhaps CAT has improved over the years. The engines and problems I know about were from 2011-2017 or so, and I believe people can improve and learn from mistakes and such.

But, personally, I wouldn’t risk it with my car. I know of a lot of cars that Ryne and Matt have tuned and driveabilty and reliabilty have never been an issue.

Biggest issues were location and how booked up they are.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Well thanks for your opinion. But don’t knock down someone when your information is from 5years or more. So that’s fine to say personally you would not go there. But I’m like others I know that have had personally great experience there and no drive ability issues. And sorry if that fact that. Master tech weather what manufacturer and ASE. Doesn’t matter too much in your book.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts