Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Questions below for a 2011 Sedan.

Wheels -- I am considering the purchase of a square setup to use during HPDE track days to get more life out of tires. I have read that 18x9.5 is a populate size wheel. Please let me know what brand and vendor you recommend. I am not as concerned about weight more concerned about strength. If you run a size difference than 18x9.5 all around, what size?

Tires -- what size tire do you run for HPDE track days on an 18x9.5 wheel? What brand of tire do you prefer for HPDE track days that also work on the street to get you to the track and back (sometimes 1000 miles away from home) and works in the rain at the track?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Finspeed

Every wheel we design has to pass structural testing. They aren't cheap, but they are born in the racing world. We'd be happy to make a wheel that suits your needs.

We are all from Missouri too. :) I'm actually from stl.
Thanks! Do you have a list of example wheel pictures you can send me? I'm not great at design. Easier for me to pick from a list than to create my own design :) Or I can send you picture of wheels I've seen other past few years that I like a lot.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Least expensive option with best performance, IMHO, is the Nitto NT-01. I run a 275/40-18 square setup on my V with 18x9.5 wheels. I have also run R888s in the same size, but they are significantly more expensive and do not seem to improve lap times.

+1 on Finspeed.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts