Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Fwiw I’m 6’7” 200 w/ recaros in a slick top sedan. I’ve taken it on track once and the seats do great in that environment. I have a dedicated track car so the V gets no more track duty. The only downside I have for the recaros is the bottom of the seat has virtually 0 cushion. At the end of a multi hour drive my rear end is killing me. Wouldn’t trade them for the non recaros however. I just got several of the purple mattress seat cushions in different thicknesses. Solved the problem for me.

·
Registered
89 Posts
The recaros will take you like a month to get right with all the settings. But they are amazing and worth it. They have a firm but correct support. It is like any chair a soft cushy one feels most comfortable on a quick try. But a quality seat will firmly fit you

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Good choice! I have to put my 2 cents in. I have both. In my opinion, and I’m a pretty big guy some would say, at least compared to my wifes frame of 110lbs. 6ft 205lbs. My V has Recaros and my DD(3.6) does not. As much(more) as I love the V, I feel more comfy in the DD Without the Recaros. I think it’s very important that the Recaros are adjusted properly. Glad you found your V. Have fun!!
Thanks Kenny! I feel pretty good about the decision but there's no substitute for getting in it. Going to fly up in about a week and drive it back to GA so I'll have 10-11 hours on the highway to figure out how it feels.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Thanks for all of the feedback on this. I made the 11 hour drive to bring the car home from PA to Atlanta and am definitely pleased with the non-Recaro seats. As a big guy, I was happy to see there's plenty of leg room space in the car. The roof clearance might be interesting with a helmet on (sunroof car) but I will try to figure that out. Might have to adjust the seat position a little off what I'd prefer but I would expect that's not going to be a big deal.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts