Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found a v2 with a mods for 21k bad thing is it has a rebuilt title. Is this something to stay away from? The title was rebuilt due to the sunroof drain being broken and water got in the car, not sure about how much water

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
I would check and do as much due diligence as possible on the car. Having purchased salvaged titled cars in the past it is up to youtdo inspect as much as possible. Sometimes it works out, and sometimes it is, oh well.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Not sure where you live but here in the Houston area V theft is really high. Speak to your insurance company first to see what kind of coverage they offer on salvage vehicles. I know some insurance companies won't even touch you.

·
Registered
2,707 Posts
USAA will insure a salvage title , and give a car loan on a salvage title.
Purchase 2 salvages in the past from USAA. Like m13s, said you have to do your research.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,172 Posts
In NJ there is no issue getting insurance on a salvage title. depending who did the repair it could easily be a non issue...but water is something you should be concerned about. If it was salvaged for a sunroof leak I would imagine a lot of water got in and id be more concerned with that then a collision. Electrical gremlins down the road is something you dont want to be burdened with

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Why deal with the unknowns? For the extra $6-8k, get a clean title car. I could tolerate a salvage car for the right price, but a water or "flood" car gets all the nopes. Intermittent gremlins forever...yeah, thanks...no...

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for all the feedback my friends I decided to pass on this v. I don’t feel like dealing with the what if’s

·
Premium Member
14,386 Posts
Thanks for all the feedback my friends I decided to pass on this v. I don’t feel like dealing with the what if’s
Probably a good idea. We've all forgotten about the flooding in the South last year - but those cars will be showing up on the "used" market for years... and the "leaking sunroof" bit is almost certainly a huge pile of bullshit.

Pull a door panel and there's going to be a mud line ~4 feet up off the ground!

·
Super Moderator
16,535 Posts
My take on salvage is simple.

As long as you understand the reduced cost happens when you buy it AND sell it.

That said, better off buying a good clean title unless your only purpose is RACECAR

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 13 of 13 Posts