Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I installed the Eibach springs on my coupe, it wasn't level in the rear. I figured that once it settled, it would even out. It never did so I decided to check to make sure the springs were seated properly, and they are. I swapped the rear springs to make sure it wasn't a spring issue and it's not. I measured from the ground to the center of each wheel arch and got the following measurements:

LF: 27 1/16" RF: 27 1/16"
LR: 27 5/8" RR: 27 1/8"

The car hasn't been wrecked, and the shocks seems to be fine. Could a bad bushing cause this, or does it have to do with the rear cradle?

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
It's more likely that the body panels are not true, than that the suspension is out. You want to measure from the control arm inner bushing to the ground to see if the chassis is level.

The fender isn't guaranteed to be even, even if the car has never been in an accident.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's more likely that the body panels are not true, than that the suspension is out. You want to measure from the control arm inner bushing to the ground to see if the chassis is level.

The fender isn't guaranteed to be even, even if the car has never been in an accident.
I measured from the inner control arm bushing, and the chassis is not level. The passenger side sits roughly 0.5" lower in the rear.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I just change springs on mine and have the same problem, 1/2 lower on the passenger side. Did you ever find the cause?

·
Registered
2,864 Posts
Corner balance is your friend. Take it to a good shop with a proper CB setup.
I’ve always thought a nice set of scales could pay for itself real quick with a level floor and skill to use them...do you agree?

·
Registered
2,864 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts