Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, its definately an odd issue, and I cant find any info on it anywhere.

My drivers rear window does not roll up or down. I found the regulator to have a broken cable retainer and the motor housing was a bit sprung, like it over torqued. So in my digging i replaced it along with the window switch which seemed suspect. here is why i deemed the switch suspect too:

The window switch at that door would click multiple times any time the roof lights dimmed off or powered on, and make the lights flicker along with the repeated clicking of the switch. I take that to be the little relay inside the switch housing clicking away. So i replaced that too, since when i swapped it with the drivers side, it didnt do it.

so, its all together now, new switch, new regulator and motor, and its still doing it. There is some association with the dimming on and off of the roof lights that makes the window switch cycle repeatedly, and i assume that is enough of a power draw that its causing the lights to flicker. something is trying to power the switch when the lights are in the dimming or fade to on cycle.

If i disconnect just the switch, no noise, no odd light flicker, but i still cant roll that window up or down.

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Damn, no one has any ideas? Im thinking there is a short somewhere, possibly in the wires going through to the door frame. A lot of movement there, its a likely place for a broken wire, etc. Its the only real plausible explanation for the lighting to have any correlation to the window motor/switch.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Did you ever figure this out? I’m having this same problem…

So, its definately an odd issue, and I cant find any info on it anywhere.

My drivers rear window does not roll up or down. I found the regulator to have a broken cable retainer and the motor housing was a bit sprung, like it over torqued. So in my digging i replaced it along with the window switch which seemed suspect. here is why i deemed the switch suspect too:

The window switch at that door would click multiple times any time the roof lights dimmed off or powered on, and make the lights flicker along with the repeated clicking of the switch. I take that to be the little relay inside the switch housing clicking away. So i replaced that too, since when i swapped it with the drivers side, it didnt do it.

so, its all together now, new switch, new regulator and motor, and its still doing it. There is some association with the dimming on and off of the roof lights that makes the window switch cycle repeatedly, and i assume that is enough of a power draw that its causing the lights to flicker. something is trying to power the switch when the lights are in the dimming or fade to on cycle.

If i disconnect just the switch, no noise, no odd light flicker, but i still cant roll that window up or down.

Any thoughts?

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
Is the window and door used much? I never use mine. Trying to figure this out.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Nope. I very very rarely use it. But i did check this morning to see if the window works and it does but it also wasn’t making the ticking sound. I’ll have to wait and try again once i hear the noise.

Is the window and door used much? I never use mine. Trying to figure this out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts