Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I have a 2010 Thunder Grey V and just recently went back to stock height to try and get the car to 60' a little better. Whenever I had the rear of the car lowered, from middle of the fender to the ground was 27". At stock height, the car is 28 1/4". My dad has a 2012 Black Diamond V that as far as we know is all stock suspension wise and sits at 27 3/4" in the rear. My question is, did some of these cars tend to settle and sit lower than others? I have seen a few pictures of cars online that look raked out like my Thunder Grey V, and others that are also said to be stock and sit like my dads.

I want my car to 60' better than it does with the Eibach lowering springs, but don't want as much rake as it has at stock height. I fit a 17x10 weld with a 305 ETR on my dad's V with no rubbing, so if I cut a 1/4 coil out of the back of mine, it should sit at about the same height as my dad's and still fit a 305 without rubbing. I'm still just not sure why they sit at different heights from the factory.

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
Yes, car to car can and probably will be different.

·
Registered
5,594 Posts
Both sedans? One a coupe? Coupe spring rates are different in the rear.

My wagon very lightly rubs my 305 on stock springs so I wouldn't cut a lot... Ive thought of running a coupe OEM spring in the rear but I dont want to rub anymore.

·
2X 9 second club
11,148 Posts
but how long has his springs been on his car vs how long were yours off?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My car is a 10' and I bought it at stock height with 8500 miles, Eibach's were on it for 3K miles, and I went back to the stock springs. It's the same height now as it was before I put the Eibach's on mine.

Dad's car is a 12' and has 39K miles.

So it does have significantly more miles than mine, but its 2 years newer so it hasn't sat as long. Could his shocks be leaking? Would that make a difference?

·
Registered
762 Posts
Springs definitely settle and there is a tolerance on the trim height from the factory. You could see half inch difference between two cars rolling off the line and springs do settle over time.

·
Registered
319 Posts
My car is a 10' and I bought it at stock height with 8500 miles, Eibach's were on it for 3K miles, and I went back to the stock springs. It's the same height now as it was before I put the Eibach's on mine.

Dad's car is a 12' and has 39K miles.

So it does have significantly more miles than mine, but its 2 years newer so it hasn't sat as long. Could his shocks be leaking? Would that make a difference?
Honestly I doubt it's anything. The difference is so minimal it probably just depends on the car. Wouldn't sweat it that much.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts