Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
967 Posts
Which cooler are you running? How do you know the pump is kicking on, can you hear it?
I built my own set up. I can hear the pump when I'm stopped. It's a tilton pump. Above 10 MPH or so I don't hear anything. In typical just running on the interstate I don't hear it until I exit and stop. I happened to notice the 30 minutes at 80MPH at 80*F ambient because that's how long it took to get from where I lived to Woodward Ave. I think I'd hear it less if I didn't have a wagon. Having an enclosed rear compartment to trap the sound really helps with rear NVH type things.

·
Registered
'14 Coupe
481 Posts
I saw these earlier posts for the rebuild
I am facing same issue + plus the driveshaft
So I am talking about 5k+

regarding the posts anyone triedto buy the clutches ? I think it is wrong part number
Could not find it anywhere
So, from what I remember, it all depends on what goes out in the diff, clutches are replaceable, but the rest is not due to design of the thing (shims and all that). Unfortunately there is a reason GM simply swaps the thing out instead of rebuilding.

·
Registered
5,699 Posts
Because it's expensive to train techs to properly setup gear lash on a diff and cheaper to just throw 5k swap units back into a car? Lol

There is no reason they didn't make them serviceable other then it was cheaper for them in the long run.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts