Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put my new 17x10s and 275/50s on this weekend and i noticed the fender gap is more on the passenger side vs the driver side. There is a slight height difference as well but I'm pretty sure that is because i need new rear shocks.

Is this offset normal? Id say its about a 1/2" difference. No rubbing or interference though

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
No answers?

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
I put my new 17x10s and 275/50s on this weekend and i noticed the fender gap is more on the passenger side vs the driver side. There is a slight height difference as well but I'm pretty sure that is because i need new rear shocks.

Is this offset normal? Id say its about a 1/2" difference. No rubbing or interference though
I run coupe wheels on the rear of my sedan and they are both flush with the outer edge of the fender. The height I would say is because of the springs. Shocks control the suspension movement while the springs set the height. Now a totally dead shock can/may cause a slight sag, so making sure they are serviceable would be a good 1st step. Good Luck

·
Registered
784 Posts
When setting my coilover ride height, I did notice that I had to set the rear passenger spring collar higher than the driver side, which sounds like the opposite of what you're seeing, but either way, yes I noticed a difference.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts