Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well, its been a long time coming. Should have started a "build thread" a long time ago! I've been on this forum since 2011 and this is only the second time I've posted my dyno numbers. I bought the car with a Redline Motorsports package installed/tuned in MD. Results were 569 whp / 593 wtq (93 octane) on Shelby's dyno here in Vegas back in 2011. Since, I've added or changed a lot of stuff hoping for >600 whp, but have been disappointed in one way or another. We're talking 3 different intakes, 2 different sets of injectors, 2 different lower pulleys, 2 HXs, various upgrades to HX lines, adding headers (HH crew hold your tongues..lol), 2 different TB upgrades, about 10 tune updates, etc, etc!! The last attempt on the dyno in Feb, 2015 only netted 590 whp / 617 wtq (93 octane) and the car didnt run well at all. Needless to say, I was over doing the email tuning and obviously, you cannot optimize a car's performance doing it this way,,, or at least in my case, it was not working.

All that said, fast forward to now. Took the plunge and drove the car down to BMR in Phoenix for a true dyno tuning session. I've been following these guys since they first proposed development of a TT kit for the V2. With the results they have been producing and the knowledge they've amassed working on LS motors, particularly the LSA, I knew it was time to give them the opportunity to unlock my car's true potential. And let me say, it surpassed even my high side hopes!!

So here are the results:
Glory pull was 666 whp / 665 wtq (shot out to PUFF..lol), but after pulling a little timing and some fine tuning, the result that counts was:

660 whp / 657 wtq on shit box 91 octane!!

I want to thank Jeremy and the guys at BMR for their hospitality, professionalism and attention to detail. Jeremy really spent a lot of time fine tuning to get the car running perfect. Since I bought the car, it has never run this well. During normal driving, the mannerism feels like a stock CTS-V if not better. Zero surging, hesitations, nothing negative at all. In the boost, she is an animal. It's like driving a whole new car!

I would recommend BMR to anyone in or around Phoenix. To me, the 12 hours of driving in one day and the total cost involved was well worth it!! I'll be sticking with them permanently and once I move back to Phoenix, will be going E85. Can't justify corn living in Vegas because gas stations carrying it are few and far between. My buddy that lives in Phoenix says E is everywhere. Cant wait for that!!!

Here are my performance mods:
- Lingenfelter 2.55" supercharger pulley
- Lingenfelter Harmonic Balancer (ATI) w/ 9.17" crank pulley
- Redline Motorsports Stage 3ZL camshaft
- Redline Motorsports - Dual Valve Springs with Titanium retainers , locks and keepers, chromoly pushrods
- ZL1 supercharger lid / intercooler, -12AN braided hoses/fittings
- Fluidyne Heat Exchanger w/ Saleen expansion tank
- New Era 4.5" intake w/ K&N & Outerwear
- Injector Dynamics ID850 injectors
- Mamo ported LS7 TB
- Kooks 2" Headers / 3" Catted X / 28" Magnaflow Resonators
- Corsa Sport axle back exhaust
- Lingenfelter Varimax Intercooler Pump
- TR7ix plugs / MSD wires

Next up:
Ported blower/snout.
Possibly TFS heads if work picks up..lol
E85 with all the supporting fuel system upgrades. Will I need ID1000s, 1300s?? BAP, Squash, Fore or other??
Coil overs (will be autocrossing the car occasionally).
DRs! Time to see what I can row up at the strip.

Current Exterior / Misc mods:
- HRE 21" 790R three piece forged wheels (black centers/chrome outer)
- Falken 295/25/21 Rear and 255/30/21 Front tires
- WeaponX CF V-Power Hood
- WeaponX CF Side Blades
- WeaponX CF Fog Light Buckets
- WeaponX CF Side Vents
- Spekter Werks wing (paint matched)
- V2V Front Splitter
- Core Shifters Short Throw w/ Raceseng Signature shift knob
- D3 Cadillac competition springs
- D3 Cadillac front & rear cross drilled & slotted Brembo rotors / Hawk Performance Ceramic pads
- Red Brembo Calipers
- RI Upper Grill w/ ATS Caddy Emblem; Rear '15 Escalade Emblem, '15 V emblems
- All chrome paint matched (upper/lower front grills, rear trim, window trim)
- Tail lights smoked / matte finish
- HID fogs / LED DRLs
- System: (2) 12" RF P3D2-12 subs, LC2i, Kicker ZX1000.1 amp, RF RFC1D cap, dynamat, custom enclosure

I'll be updating this thread with any future mods as well as non-performance mods with pics later. Stay tuned.

Update: Pics!! It's been a couple years since my last good photos.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Great numbers! There is no concern with the filter bring that low (water etc.)

·
Premium Member
1,353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Great numbers! There is no concern with the filter bring that low (water etc.)
Thanks!

They say water injection helps with IATs ;)

Seriously though, my car is a fair weather girl, never seen rain, snow, or even windy days..lol When I wash the car, the filter will get a little wet, but it doesnt affect the car. The outerwear actually does a good job at repelling water too.

There are a lot of guys that run a low filter and actually drive in the rain with no problems. You would have to drive through a 2 ft deep puddle I'd think before actually sucking in enough water to hydrolock the car or have any other adverse reaction...

·
Super Moderator
8,635 Posts
Very happy for you, man! Jeremy truly is a great dude, and I wouldn't hesitate to send anyone to his shop. Glad you finally got the car straightened out. You'll have to take me for a spin next time I'm in Vegas!

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Really clean engine bay, I love the red lines. Post some pics of the car as well! I want to check out those HREs.

Are you still on the stock clutch?

·
Premium Member
1,353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you so much for you business! We appreciate it and the kind words/great review! Let us know if you need anything else, otherwise we look forward to seeing you next time!
The pleasure's all mine. You know I'll be back.. :cool:

Really clean engine bay, I love the red lines. Post some pics of the car as well! I want to check out those HREs.

Are you still on the stock clutch?
Thanks! Car pics are coming. Will be breaking out the DSLR this weekend, weather permitting (rain is in the forcast), and taking some updated pics. Havent done that in a long time.. Havent even driven the car much in the last couple years,, maybe 1000 miles total. That will change now!!

Oh and yes, stock clutch. We'll see how long she hangs in there. I expect no trouble with street tires.

Very happy for you, man! Jeremy truly is a great dude, and I wouldn't hesitate to send anyone to his shop. Glad you finally got the car straightened out. You'll have to take me for a spin next time I'm in Vegas!
Thanks Patrick.. Took long enough!! I remember you buying my siemens/deka 63lb injectors years ago and then proceeded to watch that same set change hands a half dozen more times..lol Since then, I'm rocking the same car and you are on your 15th different V2 :p

·
Premium Member
17,233 Posts
Fwiw my clutch lasted 20k miles at 610-650 rwhp on street tires, but just barely at those levels. DRs should finish it off. :D

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Fwiw my clutch lasted 20k miles at 610-650 rwhp on street tires, but just barely at those levels. DRs should finish it off. :D

20k miles? Cool, that's like 10 more years for me

DRs I'm sure will count for about 19.8K tho..lol

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3 on Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
17,233 Posts
Absolutely - I think it was slipping for half that time (I average 15k miles a year mostly highway ) before it was obvious

·
Premium Member
1,353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Super clean looking ride man. What rear spoiler and fog light housing are those?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Thanks, appreciate that. A lot of heart and soul into this car!

The spoiler is spekter werks (spelling?). They are no longer in production, but the weaponx is virtually identical and you can get it in CF. I bought mine before it was available, otherwise I would have bought the weaponx from Ben for sure. Speaking of weaponx, that is where I got the fog buckets. Amazing product!

By the way who was doing the remote tune before?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Ed Hutchens at Hitech Tuning did my remote tuning before..

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3 on Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
Man beautiful car, also not bad numbers at all. What are your final numbers you are wanting to get out of build
Thank you, ya I'm pretty happy with 660whp on 91 octane. 700+ is easily doable with corn, but I'm thinking heads and ported blower/snout to get there while sticking with 91 octane. Don't want more than that. I'm ready for the next project, so will be done with the caddy after that.

First, I'll be doing the WXM CF front splitter and coil overs. The power is fine for now, especially running street tires.

On that note, for anyone looking for cheap sticky street tires, I went with the Federal 595RPM which are only 160 tread wear. On a couple roads here in Vegas, I can actually hook in 1st if I roll into the throttle and on several roads, I hook hard in 2nd. This is insane compared to my last set at 400 tread wear. They spun in third pretty easy. These Federals won't last long, but who gives a shit when they're so cheap.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
509 Posts
Thank you, ya I'm pretty happy with 660whp on 91 octane. 700+ is easily doable with corn, but I'm thinking heads and ported blower/snout to get there while sticking with 91 octane. Don't want more than that. I'm ready for the next project, so will be done with the caddy after that.

First, I'll be doing the WXM CF front splitter and coil overs. The power is fine for now, especially running street tires.

On that note, for anyone looking for cheap sticky street tires, I went with the Federal 595RPM which are only 160 tread wear. On a couple roads here in Vegas, I can actually hook in 1st if I roll into the throttle and on several roads, I hook hard in 2nd. This is insane compared to my last set at 400 tread wear. They spun in third pretty easy. These Federals won't last long, but who gives a shit when they're so cheap.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
At least your not like most of us who always want more power, my car will be going to BMR soon as well for the twins on it. I am glad you had a great experience with them, they have been nothing but nice and great to deal with for me as well. whos hood is that if you don't mind me asking I like that one

1 - 20 of 22 Posts