Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased my 2013 CTS V sedan with only 31k miles. Well maintained and a clean Carfax title.

I noticed that when I shut my car off I can hear a rattle from under the hood. It dies down when I rev the engine and isn't noticeable while driving.

Is this the isolator issue. The sound isn't loud but I just don't wanna live with it.

TIA

·
Registered
209 Posts
It's likely the isolator. Solid isolators are ~$60 and should take less than 2 hours to install if you take your time.

Given the year and mileage on your car, look up the supercharger TSB from GM where they replace the supercharger under warranty / TSB.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's likely the isolator. Solid isolators are ~$60 and should take less than 2 hours to install if you take your time.

Given the year and mileage on your car, look up the supercharger TSB from GM where they replace the supercharger under warranty / TSB.
I checked my vehicle on My GM and it says my warranty is active. Special Coverage 13313 I believe. So I've scheduled an appointment with my dealer. I'm sure all will be fine after they replace it.

·
Premium Member
1,284 Posts
I checked my vehicle on My GM and it says my warranty is active. Special Coverage 13313 I believe. So I've scheduled an appointment with my dealer. I'm sure all will be fine after they replace it.
Even if they replace the blower, it will have the spring loaded isolator and over time it will most likely rattle. The ultimate solution is to still swap out the isolator with a solid one.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts