Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
81 - 83 of 83 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #81 ·
Your lean delay is most likely transients. There's always a delay between actual cylinder chamber events and the 02 sensor downstream, but since exhaust gases can travel over 200+ miles per hour in the manifold, the delay is on the order of one-hundredth's of a second delay. Ergo, it's practically instantaneous on your logger.

You have to plot your desired rail pressure over actual - you may or may not just be maxing out the pumps based on commanded duty cycle and voltage (instead of an actual "high flow" mode).

I'm leaning away from spending much time on the forum these days, so perhaps 07GTS can help out further.

·
Registered
2011 CTSV Coupe M BLK LSX376-B15
961 Posts
"I'm leaning away from spending much time on the forum these days, so perhaps 07GTS can help out It"
@07GTS

You really should re-consider @random84. There's much more knowledge you can share, you've been holding back. Don't be like that. You have an obligation, it's not only about you. This is the worst Happy Thanks Giving! So now what? You're playing golf, someone else? The pawn-off, the break-up? I have a cat that's driving me crazy, maybe you would consider a new pet, he may help you?

If it's not already not too late... I have a few questions? And I am not seemingly answering any of my own questions, just needing confirmation.

I need to know what effect the 'Desired Fuel Pressure' Default value has in overall fueling? What is a "Default condition?"

I need to know what effect the 'Rail Pressure' Rail Pressure Min and Max values have in overall fueling?

Based on my observation, "High Flow" does NOT modulate fuel pressure same as Normal State. The OP entered High Flow Value is constant and fuel pressure is not overridden above the entered value, it is an absolute max value, only injector duty is modulated in High Flow State, as well as 100% Pump DC, is this true?

It appears 'Normal State' modulates fuel pressure without any upper limit threshold, once the fuel flow exceeds 210lb/h Pump DC ramps up to 100%, is this true?

What timing advance is considered a normal average between say 4000-5500rpm 1.40-2.0g cylinder air mass, assuming no added modifiers, just base table values on pump gas?

Should I permanently disable DFCO after adjusting for MAF?

Should I ZERO out all 'Predictive Coefficient' values?

Thanks for help from anyone, @random84 may not be able or willing to respond, it may already be too late...

I sincerely do need help with the above items, so any feedback is greatly appreciated. ty

Note:
I went ahead and lowered the following: "High Flow Lower" to 200lb/h and "High Flow Upper" to 239lb/h. There does not appear to be an upper fuel pressure limit in Normal State, with the DW300c pumps and 80-90PRV I see some crazy high fuel pressures while in 'Normal' aka 'High Flow Lower' prior to High Flow Upper kicking-in, where it appears I am able to regulate the max fuel pressure at 100% Pump DC. So I figure to max at 60psi modulating in Normal prior to the 100% Pump DC at 210lb/h, then go directly into High Flow Upper at an OP set 70psi fuel pressure and 100% Pump DC. See how it works out?

·
Registered
510 Posts
DFCO imo is good to keep active as it will save u fuel at a time when no fuel is needed, just disable it for track days as it will help keep iat lower, if ur blend with MAF keep the prediction co-efficients, only zero them out of ur running SD all the time

81 - 83 of 83 Posts