Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So it’s happened probably 4-5 times since my cars been back on the road since last month

So while it was down for the cam,headers,pullies,&all the other stuff …. some new R1 rotors and ebc Redstuff pads went in since the old pads were on their last legs . She stops great no issues at all with install or since other than this annoying light that will come on from time to time and only seems to come on after coming to a stop.

The fault will flash up the traction control light comes on but no other abnormal things happen. Haven’t hadn’t chance to scan it yet (this happened late last night on the way home from a Bday dinner)

Any of you guys experienced anything like this before that could save me some headache and time would be awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Registered
1,481 Posts
So it’s happened probably 4-5 times since my cars been back on the road since last month

So while it was down for the cam,headers,pullies,&all the other stuff …. some new R1 rotors and ebc Redstuff pads went in since the old pads were on their last legs . She stops great no issues at all with install or since other than this annoying light that will come on from time to time and only seems to come on after coming to a stop.

The fault will flash up the traction control light comes on but no other abnormal things happen. Haven’t hadn’t chance to scan it yet (this happened late last night on the way home from a Bday dinner)

Any of you guys experienced anything like this before that could save me some headache and time would be awesome.

Good luck with TC issues. I think everyone on here (or at least 95%) take their car to the dealer for these types of issues (and good luck with that if your car is modded). I've had TC issues when accelerating for 1yr+ and have not been able to fix this cunt.. And my post was crickets (or it missed the 1 or 2 people that have actually troubleshot this).. It's like nobody has chased this issue. Famous replies,,, did you check ground wires? I've checked every connector, checked CAN bus to narrow a module..
But for your issue, definitely recheck connectors, and if you put power to the car before everything was hooked up, it could be a stored code that just needs to be cleared out of the BCM.
Good luck

Reactions: random84

· Registered
2012 BDT slicktop, I've got some goodies in there
99 Posts
By all means I'm not a mechanic, had the similar issue. Car would be fine driving down the road, and there it is. It all came up.. most time afterwards it would be fine with the dash lights on, but every once in a my alignment would be off. Ended up being passenger LCA

· Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My boss said his Chevy truck had a similar thing go on. And it ended up being his tire pressure sensor. I do have a random passenger front tpms that will quit communicating then if I turn the car off and back on its happy again. So who knows maybe that’s my issue too

I wish Chevy had a program like Vagcom for VW/Audi where I can just disable tpms and traction control all together and not have nuisance lights … as far as I’ve seen u can’t use HPtuners quite like that

· Premium Member
17,763 Posts
Good luck with TC issues. I think everyone on here (or at least 95%) take their car to the dealer for these types of issues (and good luck with that if your car is modded). I've had TC issues when accelerating for 1yr+ and have not been able to fix this cunt.. And my post was crickets (or it missed the 1 or 2 people that have actually troubleshot this).. It's like nobody has chased this issue. Famous replies,,, did you check ground wires? I've checked every connector, checked CAN bus to narrow a module..
But for your issue, definitely recheck connectors, and if you put power to the car before everything was hooked up, it could be a stored code that just needs to be cleared out of the BCM.
Good luck
I recall there being a TCM module in the A6 transmission (?) that can do the same thing - so maybe check wiring or the transmission module itself.

Also, brake sensors for traction control in the wheel hubs could be bad or have a faulty connection.

I need to start chasing my OWN TCM related issues- they only pop up after 45 minutes or so, so it makes me think it's some kind of monitoring issue.

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk

· Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I recall there being a TCM module in the A6 transmission (?) that can do the same thing - so maybe check wiring or the transmission module itself.

Also, brake sensors for traction control in the wheel hubs could be bad or have a faulty connection.

I need to start chasing my OWN TCM related issues- they only pop up after 45 minutes or so, so it makes me think it's some kind of monitoring issue.

Mines manual so I have a lot less electronics to possibly chase trany wise now speed sensors and brake sensors and shit should be the same

· Registered
1,481 Posts

Jess,, you know I have the theft proof model.. haha M6 car.. we even talked about your monster triple back when that happened.

· Premium Member
17,763 Posts
Jess,, you know I have the theft proof model.. haha M6 car.. we even talked about your monster triple back when that happened.
IF there is a module in the A6, it may contribute to traction and stability control. If that's the case, there may be a similar module in the M6 (to read gear / RPM).

But I haven't chased it down yet to say for sure either way. So right now I'm betting on wheel speed sensor.

· Registered
2012 BDT slicktop, I've got some goodies in there
99 Posts
IF there is a module in the A6, it may contribute to traction and stability control. If that's the case, there may be a similar module in the M6 (to read gear / RPM).

But I haven't chased it down yet to say for sure either way. So right now I'm betting on wheel speed sensor.

I second that, didn't think about that. My wife's did the same but would throw it in limp mode in take off... replaced all speed sensors... didn't work.. ended up paying for a jeep tool to watch all 4 wheels real time speed... ended up being rear bearing that was not honing with the sensors...

· Registered
203 Posts
Just thinking out loud...Excessive wheel/tire stagger has caused some issues with my cruise control. I’m wondering if that would cause the issue you’re having...if you’re running something other than stock?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.