Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
I'm Your Pusher
11,320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I won't be the first to hit 10s as I was hoping since tracks will be closing here, but I've made some good progress the past month. Before you numb nuts start clowning on the missing two cylinders LOL the car actually sounds pretty good with this exhaust, if you listen to it on speakers with some bass. The turbos sound fun too and I also had blow off valves made by a well known company, so those should be in later this month. Heat exchangers are already into production as well as my ported cylinder head and cam package and pretty wild cooling package with a new manifold and intercoolers for a very specific reason :)

I've tuned this one myself and it's been a real challenge so far. It has dual MAP/MAFs and the multiple VE tables with the cams that run all the way to redline. The car wants to make a lot more power and while I have all of the nannies out of the way for the TM, the turbos rely on the PID controller along with some turbo TM tables as well. Wastegate duty cycle is only 45-50% and the turbos have plenty of air left to push but there is a "desired boost" calculation that closes the throttle as soon as "actual boost" exceeds it. The desired boost is sporadic too, I can have it dialed in one night and go out the next day and the desired boost will be down without any changes causing the throttle to close to bring the actual boost back down below the desired boost.

So, 18psi is all I can get out of it right now but it was enough for low 11s at 121mph today. That is the fastest ATS V to date, which will surely change pretty soon haha but hey... as for now I can say I'm the quickest but Mike at NEP is still the fastest! ;)

Mods:
WXM red high flow intake filters
WXM 3" downpipe back exhaust
WXM springs
WXM manifold spacer
Weld 18/17" with MT 275s

·
Registered
927 Posts
Good results can't wait to see what you'll have for the future. Thinking about picking one of these cupcakes myself.

·
Premium Member
2,969 Posts
Awesome Ben! What did the other V run!? Oh wait, I can already hear an excuse coming... HAHA ;)

Reactions: jlinks

·
Vendor
1,728 Posts
Only a tenth slower than my V. You son of a bitch.... now I got to sleep at night knowing there's a v6 ats as fast, soon to be faster than my ctsv running around here. I don't think I like the taste of that.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Nice Ben!

Have you or are you using the launch control? Just curious since I haven't tried it on ours.

·
I'm Your Pusher
11,320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nice Ben!

Have you or are you using the launch control? Just curious since I haven't tried it on ours.
I tried it in stock trim but unfortunately GM's launch control is there to protect their warranty dollars haha not for performance. I ran faster without it as that left at 6psi (with cats/stock exhaust) at 1800RPM. I'm leaving much harder than what it does. I'm sure you've noticed that you can't even free rev the car to 3000RPMs without the turbos bypassing and it just acting like it's bouncing off a limiter. I tuned that out so I can leave spooled at almost 10lbs so far with a full 3"catless exhaust.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts