Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
4,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have heavy duty ramps for my Ram 3500 but they don't really work for the V.

I saw "Race Ramps" but don't know exactly what type to get or if there other acceptable alternative of a small garage.
Looking for suggestions/opinions of what y'all are using.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,319 Posts
I have a set that I have used for my V and Roush Mustang (that is lowered). They are specific for low clearance cars.

Each ramp is two pieces making it easier to store.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Detroit_Muscle07

·
Registered
3,296 Posts
Race Ramps are styrofoam covered with a gritty adhesive. They don't last and the covering will tear. The good news is if you take care of them and be gentle they will last. They are light and work well, they also come with a modular system that works great at the track. For what we use them for they are the best option. Mike approved for certain applications.

·
Registered
4,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have a set that I have used for my V and Roush Mustang (that is lowered). They are specific for low clearance cars.

Each ramp is two pieces making it easier to store.

Are these 67" or 80"?

·
Premium Member
1,319 Posts
Actually 56” long with the two pieces connected.

·
Premium Member
1,319 Posts

Reactions: Blades1_99

·
Registered
4,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

I was looking at them....and the 2 piece 80. Dumb question how do guys do front and rear ramps...I swear I saw a vette on ramps on all 4.

·
Premium Member
V Coupe Pedal car
2,393 Posts
I was looking at them....and the 2 piece 80. Dumb question how do guys do front and rear ramps...I swear I saw a vette on ramps on all 4.
You drive onto the fronts and floor jack the rear.

Reactions: Blades1_99

·
Premium Member
2009 Sedan
1,357 Posts
I just use the ramps I built for changing oil in my old lowrider semi truck. They are just stepped 2x12s with the leading edge cut at an angle. With a front splitter and on Eibachs, they work for the V, too.

·
Premium Member
V Coupe Pedal car
2,393 Posts
I just use the ramps I built for changing oil in my old lowrider semi truck. They are just stepped 2x12s with the leading edge cut at an angle. With a front splitter and on Eibachs, they work for the V, too.
Picturing these...heavy. I see a whole buncha heavy.

·
Registered
4,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I really thought hard about that.

But by the time I go to HD, get the wood, screws to attach each stacked on the lower, cut and all that....I figure there had to be, while more "expensive" option, one already to go. It will be here before the end of the week from Summit that them in stock.

·
Premium Member
V Coupe Pedal car
2,393 Posts
I really thought hard about that.

But by the time I go to HD, get the wood, screws to attach each stacked on the lower, cut and all that....I figure there had to be, while more "expensive" option, one already to go. It will be here before the end of the week from Summit that them in stock.
You forgot to factor Covid Pricing for lumber.

·
Registered
4,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Reactions: Omgctsv
1 - 20 of 36 Posts